Brenda E Benson
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Interregional cerebral metabolic associativity during a continuous performance task (Part II) : differential alterations in bipolar and unipolar disordersBrenda E Benson
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Psychiatry Res 164:30-47. 2008....
- Preliminary findings of uncoupling of flow and metabolism in unipolar compared with bipolar affective illness and normal controlsRobert T Dunn
Biological Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, 10 Center Drive MSC 1272, Bethesda, MD 20892 1272, USA
Psychiatry Res 140:181-98. 2005....
- Left prefrontal-repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) and regional cerebral glucose metabolism in normal volunteersTimothy A Kimbrell
Biological Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Psychiatry Res 115:101-13. 2002..While these results are in the predicted direction, further studies using other designs and higher intensities and frequencies of rTMS are indicated to better describe the local and distant changes induced by rTMS...
- A potential cholinergic mechanism of procaine's limbic activationBrenda E Benson
Biological Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1272, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:1239-50. 2004..v. procaine's emotional and sensory effects in man. These findings are consistent with other evidence of cholinergic modulation of mood and emotion...
- Age, sex and laterality effects on cerebral glucose metabolism in healthy adultsMark W Willis
Biological Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, 10 Center Drive MSC 1272, Bethesda, MD 20892 1272, USA
Psychiatry Res 114:23-37. 2002..These findings contribute toward a convergence in the literature, and the regression models of CMRglc vs. age serve as a normative database to which patients may be compared...
- Repetitive TMS combined with exposure therapy for PTSD: a preliminary studyElizabeth A Osuch
Biological Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, United States
J Anxiety Disord 23:54-9. 2009..Active rTMS with exposure may have symptomatic and physiological effects. Larger studies are needed to confirm these preliminary findings and verify whether rTMS plus exposure therapy has a role in the treatment of PTSD...
- Developmental effects of decision-making on sensitivity to reward: an fMRI studyJohanna M Jarcho
Section of Developmental and Affective Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 15 K, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Dev Cogn Neurosci 2:437-47. 2012..Instead, neural responding in striatum, prefrontal cortex and precuneus is influenced by both situational demands and developmental factors. This suggests nuanced maturational effects in adolescent reward sensitivity...