Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Efficacy and safety of troglitazone in the treatment of lipodystrophy syndromesE Arioglu
Diabetes Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann Intern Med 133:263-74. 2000..Troglitazone promotes adipocyte differentiation in vitro and increases insulin sensitivity in vivo. Therefore, troglitazone may have therapeutic benefit in lipoatrophic diabetes...
- Leptin-replacement therapy for lipodystrophyElif Arioglu Oral
Diabetes Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1770, USA
N Engl J Med 346:570-8. 2002..Since severe lipodystrophy is associated with leptin deficiency, insulin resistance, hypertriglyceridemia, and hepatic steatosis, we assessed whether leptin replacement would ameliorate this condition...
- Lipoatrophy revisitedM L Reitman
Diabetes Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 8N 250, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1770, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 11:410-6. 2000..Thiazolidinedione therapy improves metabolic control in lipoatrophic patients; the efficacy of leptin treatment is currently being investigated...
- Lipoatrophic-lipodystrophic syndromes: the spectrum of findings on MR imagingA PremKumar
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10, Rm 1C660, 10 Center Dr MSC 1182, Bethesda, MD 20892 1182, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:311-8. 2002
- A gene for congenital generalized lipodystrophy maps to human chromosome 9q34A Garg
Department of Internal Medicine, and Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:3390-4. 1999..Identification of the CGL gene(s) will contribute to our understanding of the adipocyte differentiation and elucidation of the mechanisms of insulin resistance in disorders of adipose tissue...
- Mutational and haplotype analyses of families with familial partial lipodystrophy (Dunnigan variety) reveal recurrent missense mutations in the globular C-terminal domain of lamin A/CR A Speckman
Division of Human Genetics, Departments of Genetics and Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:1192-8. 2000..The FPLD mutations R482Q and R482W occurred on different haplotypes, indicating that they are likely to have arisen more than once...