Sean F Altekruse
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Spatial patterns of localized-stage prostate cancer incidence among white and black men in the southeastern United States, 1999-2001Sean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1460-7. 2010..In the United States, prostate cancer incidence is higher among black than among white males, with a higher proportion of blacks diagnosed with advanced-stage cancer...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma confirmation, treatment, and survival in surveillance, epidemiology, and end results registries, 1992-2008Sean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Hepatology 55:476-82. 2012..Asian or Pacific Islander cases had significantly better 5-year survival (23%) than white (18%), Hispanic (15%), or black cases (12%)...
- Enumeration of Escherichia coli cells on chicken carcasses as a potential measure of microbial process control in a random selection of slaughter establishments in the United StatesSean F Altekruse
USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service, Washington, DC 20250, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3522-7. 2009..1 CFU/ml had lower overall prevalence of Salmonella and mean log(10) Campylobacter CFU/ml than sample sets with higher means. These findings regarding reductions in E. coli numbers provide insight relevant to microbial process control...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma incidence, mortality, and survival trends in the United States from 1975 to 2005Sean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, and the Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20892 8316, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1485-91. 2009..Incidence rates are increasing in the United States. Monitoring incidence, survival, and mortality rates within at-risk populations can facilitate control efforts...
- Changing hepatocellular carcinoma incidence and liver cancer mortality rates in the United StatesSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 109:542-53. 2014..The objectives were to describe Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) incidence trends and the US liver cancer mortality trends by geography, age, race/ethnicity, and gender...
- Histological classification of liver and intrahepatic bile duct cancers in SEER registriesSean F Altekruse
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Rockville, MD, USA
J Registry Manag 38:201-5. 2011....
- Socioeconomic status and hepatocellular carcinoma in the United StatesFatma M Shebl
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1330-5. 2012..While risk is known to vary among different racial and ethnic groups, less is known about the variability of risk within these groups by neighborhood socioeconomic status (SES)...
- Time trends in liver cancer mortality, incidence, and risk factors by unemployment level and race/ethnicity, United States, 1969-2011Gopal K Singh
US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, 5600 Fishers Lane, Room 18 41, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
J Community Health 38:926-40. 2013..Disparities in mortality and incidence are consistent with similar inequalities in hepatitis infection and alcohol consumption. ..
- U.S. geographic distribution of prevaccine era cervical cancer screening, incidence, stage, and mortalityMarie Josèphe Horner
Laboratory for Translational Genomics, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 8717 Grovemont Circle, Gaithersburg, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:591-9. 2011..To define priority areas for prevention efforts, we examined the geographic distribution of cervical cancer screening, incidence, stage, and mortality in the United States, prior to the introduction of HPV-based prevention technologies...
- Comparison of human papillomavirus genotypes, sexual, and reproductive risk factors of cervical adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma: Northeastern United StatesSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:657-63. 2003..We examined human papillomavirus genotypes and sexual and reproductive risk factors for cervical adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma...
- Agreement for tumor grade of ovarian carcinoma: analysis of archival tissues from the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results residual tissue repositoryRayna K Matsuno
DHHS NIH National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Cancer Causes Control 24:749-57. 2013..Emerging data suggest that ovarian cancers differ by tumor grade. However, the reliability of microscopic grade from paraffin tissue in the general medical community and as reflected in population-based cancer registries is unknown...
- Obesity as a potential risk factor for adenocarcinomas and squamous cell carcinomas of the uterine cervixJames V Lacey
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Cancer 98:814-21. 2003..The authors evaluated whether obesity, which can influence hormone levels, was associated with adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma...
- Salmonella enteritidis in broiler chickens, United States, 2000-2005Sean F Altekruse
US Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service, Washington, DC 20250, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1848-52. 2006..The policy targets establishments with common Salmonella serotypes of human illness, including Salmonella Enteritidis. Voluntary interventions should be implemented by industry...
- Outcomes for children and adolescents with cancer: challenges for the twenty-first centuryMalcolm A Smith
Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2625-34. 2010..This report provides an overview of current childhood cancer statistics to facilitate analysis of the impact of past research discoveries on outcome and provide essential information for prioritizing future research directions...
- Human campylobacteriosis: a challenge for the veterinary professionSean F Altekruse
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Blvd MSC 7234, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 223:445-52. 2003
- Antimicrobial susceptibilities of Escherichia coli strains from a turkey operationSean F Altekruse
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Rockville, MD 20895, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 221:411-6. 2002..To measure minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of 17 antimicrobials for Escherichia coli isolates from a turkey operation and assess whether small samples provide precise estimates of geometric mean MIC...