Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Social impact of preventive HIV vaccine clinical trial participation: a model of prevention, assessment and interventionMary Allen
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Soc Sci Med 66:945-51. 2008..Although further research is necessary, this model could be adapted for use in different clinical trials...
- Current advances and challenges in HIV-1 vaccinesIsaac R Rodriguez-Chavez
Division of AIDS, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 3:39-47. 2006..Simultaneously, expanded efforts continue to identify new designs that induce mucosal immunity as well as broadly neutralizing antibodies...
- Current advances in HIV vaccinesM Patricia D'Souza
Division of AIDS, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 6700B Rockledge Drive, Room 5127, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 1:18-24. 2004..One or more candidate vaccines will likely advance into efficacy trials within the next few years, while efforts to identify new designs that induce broadly neutralizing antibodies continue with incremental success...
- Lessons from a multisite international trial in the Caribbean and South America of an HIV-1 Canarypox vaccine (ALVAC-HIV vCP1452) with or without boosting with MN rgp120Farley Cleghorn
Center for HIV AIDS, Constella Futures, Washington, DC, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:222-30. 2007..vCP1452 was administered alone or with a heterologous boost of MN rgp120 glycoprotein. The trial was pivotal in deciding whether these vaccines advanced to phase 3 efficacy trials...
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) seropositivity among uninfected HIV vaccine recipientsMarta Louise Ackers
HIV Vaccine Section, Epidemiology Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 187:879-86. 2003..The potential for vaccine recipients being misclassified as HIV infected increased with vaccine complexity...
- High-dose recombinant Canarypox vaccine expressing HIV-1 protein, in seronegative human subjectsPaul A Goepfert
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2050, USA
J Infect Dis 192:1249-59. 2005..0) TCID50 (60 participants) than when given at the regular dose, 10(7.26) TCID50 (40 participants); as a control, a placebo vaccine preparation also was administered (10 participants)...