Carmen J Allegra
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The identification of thymidylate synthase peptide domains located in the interface region that bind thymidylate synthase mRNADonna M Voeller
Center for Cancer Research, Basic Research Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 37 Room 6050D, 37 Convent Drive MSC 4255, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:24-31. 2002..These data suggest that the identified highly conserved protein domains, which occur at the homodimeric interface of TS, represent potential participating sites for binding of TS protein to its mRNA...
- Prognostic value of thymidylate synthase, Ki-67, and p53 in patients with Dukes' B and C colon cancer: a National Cancer Institute-National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project collaborative studyCarmen J Allegra
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2440, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:241-50. 2003..To define the value of thymidylate synthase (TS), Ki-67, and p53 as prognostic markers in patients with stage II and III colon carcinoma...
- Investigation of the prognostic and predictive value of thymidylate synthase, p53, and Ki-67 in patients with locally advanced colon cancerCarmen J Allegra
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1735-43. 2002..To evaluate the value of thymidylate synthase (TS), Ki-67, and p53 as prognostic markers in patients with Dukes' B2 and C colon carcinoma...
- Thymidylate synthase protein expression in primary colorectal cancer: lack of correlation with outcome and response to fluorouracil in metastatic disease sitesPatrick G Johnston
Cancer Research Centre, Department of Oncology, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland
J Clin Oncol 21:815-9. 2003....
- Thymidylate synthase expression in colon carcinomas with microsatellite instabilityFrank A Sinicrope
Mayo Clinic and Mayo College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:2738-44. 2006..Given that thymidylate synthase (TS) is inhibited by 5-FU, we studied the relationship between MSI and TS expression, and the prognostic effect of these and other markers (i.e., p53 and 17p allelic imbalance)...
- Cytotoxins and cancer immunotherapy: the dance of the macabre?Carmen J Allegra
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1396-7. 2005
- Prognostic and predictive roles of high-degree microsatellite instability in colon cancer: a National Cancer Institute-National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Collaborative StudyGeorge P Kim
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP Operations and Biostatistical Centers, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:767-72. 2007..The role of high-degree microsatellite instability (MSI-H) as a marker to predict benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy remains unclear...
- Microsatellite instability in colon cancerCarmen J Allegra
N Engl J Med 349:1774-6; author reply 1774-6. 2003
- Identification of 5-fluorouracil-inducible target genes using cDNA microarray profilingPamela J Maxwell
Department of Oncology, Cancer Research Centre, Queen s University Belfast, University Floor, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Cancer Res 63:4602-6. 2003..These results demonstrate the potential of DNA microarrays to identify novel genes involved in mediating the response of tumor cells to chemotherapy...
- Don Quixote and the quest for personalized medicineCarmen J Allegra
J Clin Oncol 26:2619-20. 2008