Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Alterations in regulation of energy homeostasis in cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B-null miceYoung Hun Choi
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 116:3240-51. 2006..Altered expression and/or regulation of PDE3B may contribute to metabolic dysregulation, including systemic insulin resistance...
- Regulation of SERCA2 activity by PDE3A in human myocardium: Phosphorylation-dependent interaction of PDE3A1 with SERCA2Faiyaz Ahmad
NIH, United States
J Biol Chem . 2015....
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3 signaling complexesF Ahmad
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Horm Metab Res 44:776-85. 2012....
- Differential regulation of adipocyte PDE3B in distinct membrane compartments by insulin and the beta3-adrenergic receptor agonist CL316243: effects of caveolin-1 knockdown on formation/maintenance of macromolecular signalling complexesFaiyaz Ahmad
Translational Medicine Branch, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem J 424:399-410. 2009..These results suggest that cav-1 acts as a molecular chaperone or scaffolding molecule in cholesterol-rich lipid rafts that may be necessary for the proper stabilization and activation of PDE3B in response to CL and insulin...
- Insulin-induced formation of macromolecular complexes involved in activation of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B (PDE3B) and its interaction with PKBFaiyaz Ahmad
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, NHLBI National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg 10, Room 5N307, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem J 404:257-68. 2007..Recruitment of PDE3B in macromolecular complexes may be critical for regulation of specific cAMP pools and signalling pathways by insulin, e.g. lipolysis...
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B is a downstream target of protein kinase B and may be involved in regulation of effects of protein kinase B on thymidine incorporation in FDCP2 cellsF Ahmad
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 164:4678-88. 2000..These results suggest that PDE3B, not PDE4, is a target of PKB and that activated PDE3B may regulate cAMP pools that modulate effects of PKB on thymidine incorporation and BAD phosphorylation in FDCP2 cells...
- A role for phosphodiesterase 3B in acquisition of brown fat characteristics by white adipose tissue in male miceEmilia Guirguis
Pulmonary Cardiovascular Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 154:3152-67. 2013....
- Female infertility in PDE3A(-/-) mice: polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) may be a target of protein kinase A (PKA) and involved in meiotic arrest of oocytes from PDE3A(-/-) miceWeixing Shen
Translational Medicine Branch TMB, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cell Cycle 9:4720-34. 2010..PKAc phosphorylated rPlk1 and Hela cell Plk1 and inhibited Plk1 activity in vitro. Our results suggest that PKA-induced inhibition of Plk1 may be critical in oocyte meiotic arrest and female infertility in PDE3A(-/-) mice...
- Effects of the human immunodeficiency virus-protease inhibitor, ritonavir, on basal and catecholamine-stimulated lipolysisDiane C Adler-Wailes
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3251-61. 2005..We conclude that ritonavir decreases PDE3B and perilipin protein expression and affects both basal and catecholamine-stimulated lipolysis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes primarily through actions at sites downstream of PKA...
- Interaction of phosphodiesterase 3A with brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange proteins BIG1 and BIG2 and effect on ARF1 activityErmanno Puxeddu
Translational Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6158-63. 2009..Thus, PDE3A in these BIG1 and BIG2 AKAP complexes may contribute to the regulation of ARF function via limitation of cAMP effects with spatial and temporal specificity...
- Adenovirus-mediated overexpression of murine cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3BFaiyaz Ahmad
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Branch, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, USA
Methods Mol Biol 307:93-107. 2005..Thus, adenovirus-mediated gene transfer is effective for studying expression and regulation of recombinant PDE3 in insulin-responsive cells as well as insulin-secreting cells...
- Clinical and molecular genetics of the phosphodiesterases (PDEs)Monalisa F Azevedo
Section on Endocrinology Genetics M F A, F R F, E B, A H, I L, R B d A, C A S, Program on Developmental Endocrinology Genetics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NICHD, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 Section of Endocrinology M F A, University Hospital of Brasilia, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, Brasilia 70840 901, Brazil Group for Advanced Molecular Investigation F R F, R B d A, Graduate Program in Health Science, Medical School, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Parana, Curitiba 80215 901, Brazil Cardiovascular Pulmonary Branch F A, V M, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 and Pediatric Endocrinology Inter Institute Training Program C A S, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Endocr Rev 35:195-233. 2014....
- Resveratrol ameliorates aging-related metabolic phenotypes by inhibiting cAMP phosphodiesterasesSung Jun Park
Laboratory of Obesity and Aging Research, Genetics and Developmental Biology Center, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell 148:421-33. 2012..Therefore, administration of PDE4 inhibitors may also protect against and ameliorate the symptoms of metabolic diseases associated with aging...
- Multisite phosphorylation of adipocyte and hepatocyte phosphodiesterase 3BRebecka Lindh
Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Division for Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:584-92. 2007..Several of the sites were phosphorylated by insulin as well as cAMP-increasing hormones indicating integration of the two signalling pathways upstream of PDE3B, maybe at the level of protein kinase B...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulates lipolysis in differentiated human adipocytes through activation of extracellular signal-related kinase and elevation of intracellular cAMPHui H Zhang
Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Diabetes 51:2929-35. 2002..Cotreatment with PD98059 restored PDE3B expression. These studies suggest that in human adipocytes, TNF-alpha stimulates lipolysis through activation of MEK-ERK and subsequent increase in intracellular cAMP...
- Plasma membrane cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 3B (PDE3B) is associated with caveolae in primary adipocytesRebecka Nilsson
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC C11, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Cell Signal 18:1713-21. 2006..Thus, PDE3B, a key enzyme in insulin signalling, appears to be associated with caveolae in adipocytes and this localization seems to be functionally important...
- Isoforms of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase PDE3 and their contribution to cAMP hydrolytic activity in subcellular fractions of human myocardiumRyan Hambleton
Cardiology Section, Veterans Affairs Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39168-74. 2005..cGMP may amplify cAMP-mediated signaling in intracellular compartments of human myocardium by PDE3-dependent and PDE3-independent mechanisms...