Dun Sheng Yang
Affiliation: Nathan Kline Institute
- Neuronal apoptosis and autophagy cross talk in aging PS/APP mice, a model of Alzheimer's diseaseDun Sheng Yang
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 140 Old Orangeburg Rd, Bldg 39, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Am J Pathol 173:665-81. 2008..Our findings establish apoptosis as a mode of neuronal cell death in aging PS/APP mice and identify the cross talk between autophagy and apoptosis, which influences neuronal survival in AD-related neurodegeneration...
- Defective macroautophagic turnover of brain lipids in the TgCRND8 Alzheimer mouse model: prevention by correcting lysosomal proteolytic deficitsDun Sheng Yang
1 Centre for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA 2 Department of Psychiatry, New York University Langone Medical Centre, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Brain 137:3300-18. 2014....
- Therapeutic effects of remediating autophagy failure in a mouse model of Alzheimer disease by enhancing lysosomal proteolysisDun Sheng Yang
Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY, USA
Autophagy 7:788-9. 2011..Our findings underscore the pathogenic significance of autophagic-lysosomal dysfunction in AD and demonstrate the value of reversing this dysfunction as an innovative therapeautic strategy for AD...
- Reversal of autophagy dysfunction in the TgCRND8 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease ameliorates amyloid pathologies and memory deficitsDun Sheng Yang
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Brain 134:258-77. 2011..Our findings support the pathogenic significance of autophagic-lysosomal dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease and indicate the potential value of restoring normal autophagy as an innovative therapeutic strategy for Alzheimer's disease...
- Elevation of GM2 ganglioside during ethanol-induced apoptotic neurodegeneration in the developing mouse brainMitsuo Saito
Division of Analytical Psychopharmacology, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, New York, USA
J Neurochem 121:649-61. 2012..Subsequently, activated microglia accumulated GM2, indicating a close relationship between GM2 and ethanol-induced neurodegeneration...
- Declining phosphatases underlie aging-related hyperphosphorylation of neurofilaments- Veeranna
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY 10962, United States Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, United States
Neurobiol Aging 32:2016-29. 2011..Declining PP2A activity, therefore, can account for rising neurofilament phosphorylation in maturing brain, potentially compounding similar changes associated with adult-onset neurodegenerative diseases...
- Neurodegenerative lysosomal disorders: a continuum from development to late ageRalph A Nixon
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute, New York University School of Medicine, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
Autophagy 4:590-9. 2008..We highlight Alzheimer's disease as a disease within this group and discuss how each of the genes and other risk factors promoting this disease contribute to progressive lysosomal dysfunction and neuronal cell death...
- Autophagy failure in Alzheimer's disease--locating the primary defectRalph A Nixon
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Neurobiol Dis 43:38-45. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "Autophagy and protein degradation in neurological diseases."..
- Marked calpastatin (CAST) depletion in Alzheimer's disease accelerates cytoskeleton disruption and neurodegeneration: neuroprotection by CAST overexpressionMala V Rao
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan S Kline Institute, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
J Neurosci 28:12241-54. 2008..CAST mimetics may, therefore, be neuroprotective in AD...
- Monitoring autophagy in Alzheimer's disease and related neurodegenerative diseasesDun Sheng Yang
Center for Dementia Research, Nathan S Kline Institute, Orangeburg, New York, USA
Methods Enzymol 453:111-44. 2009....
- Mature glycosylation and trafficking of nicastrin modulate its binding to presenilinsDun Sheng Yang
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, Tanz Neuroscience Building, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3H2, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:28135-42. 2002....