Affiliation: Nathan Kline Institute
- Functional emergence of the hippocampus in context fear learning in infant ratsCharlis Raineki
Emotional Brain Institute, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, New York, USA
Hippocampus 20:1037-46. 2010..Muscimol or vehicle infusions did not affect cue learning or aversion to the odor at PN21 or PN24. The results suggest that the newly emerging contextual learning exhibited by PN24 pups is supported by the hippocampus...
- Developing a neurobehavioral animal model of infant attachment to an abusive caregiverCharlis Raineki
Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, New York, NY, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:1137-45. 2010..Here, we hypothesize that the neural circuitry for infant attachment differs based on the quality of the attachment, which can be uncovered during stressful situations...
- The neurobiology of infant maternal odor learningC Raineki
Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Braz J Med Biol Res 43:914-9. 2010..Thus, infant rats appear to be primed in early life to learn odors that will evoke approach responses supporting attachment to the caregiver...
- Ontogeny of odor-LiCl vs. odor-shock learning: similar behaviors but divergent ages of functional amygdala emergenceCharlis Raineki
Emotional Brain Institute, Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Child Study Center, New York University Langone Medical Center, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
Learn Mem 16:114-21. 2009....
- Effects of early-life abuse differ across development: infant social behavior deficits are followed by adolescent depressive-like behaviors mediated by the amygdalaCharlis Raineki
Emotional Brain Institute, Nathan Kline Institute, Child Study Center, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
J Neurosci 32:7758-65. 2012....
- Enduring neurobehavioral effects of early life trauma mediated through learning and corticosterone suppressionStephanie Moriceau
Emotional Brain Institute, The Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research Orangeburg, SC, USA
Front Behav Neurosci 3:22. 2009....