Affiliation: Nathan Kline Institute
- Honokiol and magnolol increase the number of [3H] muscimol binding sites three-fold in rat forebrain membranes in vitro using a filtration assay, by allosterically increasing the affinities of low-affinity sitesR F Squires
Center for Neurochemistry, The Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 24:1593-602. 1999..6. The potentiation of GABAergic neurotransmission by H and M is probably involved in their previously reported anxiolytic and central depressant effects...
- Food reward-induced neurotransmitter changes in cognitive brain regionsShaun Fallon
Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 32:1772-82. 2007..Like in other rewards, both learning and cognitive areas play a significant part in food reward...
- Interrelated mechanisms in reward and learningAbel Lajtha
Center for Neurochemistry, Nathan Kline Institute, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962, United States
Neurochem Int 52:73-9. 2008..The complex pattern of reward-induced changes in neurotransmitters is only a part of the multiple changes observed, but one which has a crucial and controlling function...
- Heterogeneity of reward mechanismsA Lajtha
Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY, 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 35:851-67. 2010..To evaluate and identify the reward stimulus thus requires heterogeneity of the reward components in the brain...
- Effects of acute lorazepam administration on aminergic activity in normal elderly subjects: relationship to performance effects and apolipoprotein genotypeNunzio Pomara
Geriatric Psychiatry Program, Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 29:1391-8. 2004..The epsilon4 allele may modulate the effect of lorazepam on p5-HIAA, but further studies are needed to confirm this finding and elucidate its possible significance...
- GABAB/NMDA receptor interaction in the regulation of extracellular dopamine levels in rodent prefrontal cortex and striatumAndrea Balla
Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Neuropharmacology 56:915-21. 2009..Both sites, therefore, may represent appropriate targets for drug development in schizophrenia and substance abuse disorders...
- Receptors in the ventral tegmental area mediating nicotine-induced dopamine release in the nucleus accumbensIstván Sziráki
Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 27:253-61. 2002..The importance of local receptors in the ventral tegmental area was further indicated by the increase in accumbal dopamine levels after intrategmental administration of nicotine or also cocaine...