Koon Sea Hui
Affiliation: Nathan Kline Institute
- A genomic screen for modifiers of tauopathy identifies puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase as an inhibitor of tau-induced neurodegenerationStanislav L Karsten
Program in Neurogenetics, Department of Neurology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuron 51:549-60. 2006..Further investigation is warranted in defining the role of PSA and other genes identified here as potential therapeutic targets in tauopathy...
- Cu, Zn-superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) is a novel target of Puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase (PSA/NPEPPS): PSA/NPEPPS is a possible modifier of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisGuijie Ren
Division of Neuroscience, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Mol Neurodegener 6:29. 2011..These results implicate SOD1 as a new target protein of PSA/NPEPPS and point to the possible neuroprotective role of PSA/NPEPPS in ALS...
- Brain-specific aminopeptidase: from enkephalinase to protector against neurodegenerationKoon Sea Hui
Peptide Research Laboratory, Neurochemistry Division, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 32:2062-71. 2007..Therefore, use of the puromycin-sensitive neuron-aminopeptidase NAP could provide neuroprotective mechanisms in AD and similar neurodegenerative diseases...
- A new type of neuron-specific aminopeptidase NAP-2 in rat brain synaptosomesMaria Hui
Neurochemistry Division, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Neurochem Int 53:317-24. 2008..05microM. The data indicate that the enzyme is a new type of NAP found in rodent. Its possible function in neuron growth, neurodegeneration, and carcinomas is discussed...
- A novel aminopeptidase with highest preference for lysineMaria Hui
Peptide Research Laboratory, Neurochemistry Division, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, NY, 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 31:95-102. 2006..However, metals could not restore KAP's activity after it was dialyzed against EGTA. Our data indicated that rat KAP did not resemble any aminopeptidases as well as the microbial lysine aminopeptidases...
- Neuron-specific aminopeptidase and puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase in rat brain developmentMaria Hui
Peptide Research Laboratory, Neurochemistry Division, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, Orangeburg, New York 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 28:855-60. 2003..Puromycin (1-5 microM) blocked neurite outgrowth and caused apoptosis by nonantibiotic effects. Our data suggest that the synaptosome-enriched NAP plays a role in neuron growth, differentiation, and information programming...