- Absence of mood switch with and tolerance to modafinil: a replication study from a large private practiceSuhayl Nasr
Nasr Psychiatric Services, USA
J Affect Disord 95:111-4. 2006..Many stimulants used to treat fatigue carry the risk of a switch into mania or hypomania in bipolar patients as well as the risk for tolerance or abuse...
- Increased incidence of sleep apnea in psychiatric outpatientsSuhayl Nasr
Nasr Psychiatric Services, 2814 South Franklin Street, Michigan City, IN 46360, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 22:29-32. 2010..The rate of mood disorders in patients in sleep centers has been the subject of many studies, yet little has been published on the incidence of sleep apnea in psychiatric patients...
- Case report of electroconvulsive therapy in a patient with Parkinson disease concomitant with deep brain stimulationSuhayl Nasr
Nasr Psychiatric Services, Michigan City, IN, USA
J ECT 27:89-90. 2011..It is also the first case report using the MECTA device and the first case report of a successful and safe second course of ECT after relapse of this patient's depression...
- Lower frequency of antidepressant use in patients on renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system modifying medicationsSuhayl J Nasr
Nasr Psychiatric Services, 2814 S Franklin St, Michigan City, IN 46360, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:615-8. 2011..The patients being treated with an ACE inhibitor or ARB showed significantly lower rates of antidepressant usage. The data is supportive of the hypothesis that these agents may possess anti-depressant effects...
- Modafinil as adjunctive therapy in depressed outpatientsSuhayl Nasr
Nasr Psychiatric Services, PC, Michigan City, Indiana 46360, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 16:133-8. 2004..These findings suggest that adjunctive modafinil may improve treatment outcomes when used with antidepressant therapy in depressed patients, particularly in those with problematic sleepiness or fatigue...
- Comparing outcomes of adjunctive treatment in depression: aripiprazole versus bupropionSuhayl Nasr
Nasr Psychiatric Services, Michigan City, IN, United States Indiana University, Department of Psychiatry, Michigan City, IN, United States University of Notre Dame, Department of Psychology, Notre Dame, IN, United States Memorial Epworth Center, South Bend, IN 46617, United States Electronic address
J Affect Disord 162:50-4. 2014..Adjunctive therapy in depression is often used in patients with an inadequate response to antidepressant therapy...