R W Remington
Affiliation: NASA Ames Research Center
- Visual search in complex displays: factors affecting conflict detection by air traffic controllersR W Remington
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California 94035, USA
Hum Factors 42:349-66. 2000..The implications and limitations of these results for the feasibility of free flight are discussed. Actual or potential applications include providing guidance in the selection of free flight operational concepts...
- Contingent attentional capture or delayed allocation of attention?R W Remington
NASA Ames Research Center, MS262 4, Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA
Percept Psychophys 63:298-307. 2001..The experiments provide evidence that costs and benefits in spatial cuing experiments do reflect the on-line capture of attention. The implications of these results for models of attentional control are discussed...
- A dissociation between attention and selectionR W Remington
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA
Psychol Sci 12:511-5. 2001....
- Switching between simple cognitive tasks: the interaction of top-down and bottom-up factorsE Ruthruff
National Aeronautics and Space Administration Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California 94035, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 27:1404-19. 2001....
- A dual-task investigation of automaticity in visual word processingR S McCann
National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California 94035, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 26:1352-70. 2000..Either way, word processing is not as automatic as activation models suggest...