John K De Witt
Affiliation: NASA Ames Research Center
- The preferred walk to run transition speed in actual lunar gravityJohn K De Witt
Wyle Science, Technology and Engineering Group, Houston, TX 77058, USA
J Exp Biol 217:3200-3. 2014..0 suggest that the use of the inverted pendulum model may not necessarily be valid in actual lunar gravity and that earlier findings in simulated reduced gravity are more accurate than previously thought. ..
- Ground reaction forces during treadmill running in microgravityJohn K De Witt
Wyle Science, Technology and Engineering Group, 1290 Hercules, Ste 120, Houston, TX 77058, USA Electronic address
J Biomech 47:2339-47. 2014....
- Mechanical factors associated with the development of high ball velocity during an instep soccer kickJohn K De Witt
Department of Kinesiology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
Sports Biomech 11:382-90. 2012..Segmental coordination that occurs during a maximal effort kick is critical for completing a successful kick...
- The effect of increasing inertia upon vertical ground reaction forces and temporal kinematics during locomotionJohn K De Witt
Wyle s Life Sciences Group, Houston, TX 77058, USA
J Exp Biol 211:1087-92. 2008..The increased inertial forces were utilized independently from gravitational forces by the motor control system when determining coordination strategies...
- Determinants of time to fatigue during nonmotorized treadmill exerciseJohn K De Witt
Wyle s Life Sciences Group, Houston, Texas, USA
J Strength Cond Res 23:883-90. 2009..Coaches and therapists should consider the cardiovascular fitness of an athlete or client when prescribing target speed because these factors are related to the total exercise time that can be achieved on a nonmotorized treadmill...
- Determination of toe-off event time during treadmill locomotion using kinematic dataJohn K De Witt
Wyle Integrated Science and Engineering Group, NASA Johnson Space Center, Hercules, Ste 120, Houston, TX 77058, USA
J Biomech 43:3067-9. 2010..Researchers can use the described method to determine times of heel strike and toe off during treadmill locomotion using only kinematic data...
- Locomotion in simulated and real microgravity: horizontal suspension vs. parabolic flightJohn K De Witt
Wyle Integrated Science and Engineering Group, Houston 77058, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 81:1092-9. 2010..The effect of reducing gravity on locomotion has been studied using microgravity analogues. However, there is no known literature comparing locomotion in actual microgravity (AM) to locomotion in simulated microgravity (SM)...
- Peak vertical jump power estimations in youths and young adultsWilliam E Amonette
Human Performance Laboratory, Fitness and Human Performance Program, University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, Texas, USA
J Strength Cond Res 26:1749-55. 2012....
- Effects of different lifting cadences on ground reaction forces during the squat exerciseJason R Bentley
Wyle Integrated Science and Engineering Group, Houston, Texas, USA
J Strength Cond Res 24:1414-20. 2010....