Affiliation: NASA Ames Research Center
- Species composition, larval habitats, seasonal occurrence and distribution of potential malaria vectors and associated species of Anopheles (Diptera: Culicidae) from the Republic of KoreaLeopoldo M Rueda
Division of Entomology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Malar J 9:55. 2010..Satellite derived normalized difference vegetation index data (NDVI) was also used to study the seasonal abundance patterns of Anopheles mosquitoes...
- The relationship between mosquito abundance and rice field density in the Republic of KoreaErin E Richards
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Int J Health Geogr 9:32. 2010..Rice fields were manually digitized inside 1.5 km buffer zones surrounding U.S. military installations on high-resolution satellite images, and the proportion of rice fields was calculated for each buffer zone...
- Prediction of a Rift Valley fever outbreakAssaf Anyamba
National Aeronautics and Space Administration Goddard Space Flight Center, Biospheric Sciences Branch, Code 614 4, Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:955-9. 2009..To our knowledge, this is the first prospective prediction of a RVF outbreak...
- Prediction, assessment of the Rift Valley fever activity in East and Southern Africa 2006-2008 and possible vector control strategiesAssaf Anyamba
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Biospheric Sciences Branch, Greenbelt, Maryland 20771, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:43-51. 2010..This represents the first series of prospective predictions of RVF outbreaks and provides a baseline for improved early warning, control, response planning, and mitigation into the future...
- Climate teleconnections and recent patterns of human and animal disease outbreaksAssaf Anyamba
Biospheric Sciences Laboratory, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1465. 2012..We analyze a variety of climate and satellite-derived vegetation measurements to explain the coupling between patterns of climate variability and disease outbreaks of Rift Valley fever and chikungunya...
- Developing global climate anomalies suggest potential disease risks for 2006-2007Assaf Anyamba
Goddard Space Flight Center, Biospheric Sciences Branch, Code 614 4, Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA
Int J Health Geogr 5:60. 2006..We describe developing climate anomalies that suggest potential disease risks using satellite generated data...