- Do rehospitalization rates differ among injury severity levels in the NIDRR Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems program?Risa Nakase-Richardson
Division of MHBS, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL Center of Excellence for Maximizing Rehabilitation Outcomes, Tampa, FL Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:1884-90. 2013....
- Descriptive characteristics and rehabilitation outcomes in active duty military personnel and veterans with disorders of consciousness with combat- and noncombat-related brain injuryRisa Nakase-Richardson
Mental Health and Behavioral Science Service, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL Center of Excellence for Maximizing Rehabilitation Outcomes, Tampa, FL Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:1861-9. 2013....
- Prospective evaluation of the nature, course, and impact of acute sleep abnormality after traumatic brain injuryRisa Nakase-Richardson
Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:875-82. 2013..To prospectively characterize the prevalence, course, and impact of acute sleep abnormality among traumatic brain injury (TBI) neurorehabilitation admissions...
- Longitudinal outcome of patients with disordered consciousness in the NIDRR TBI Model Systems ProgramsRisa Nakase-Richardson
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Neurotrauma 29:59-65. 2012..01). Persons with DOC at the time of admission to inpatient rehabilitation showed functional improvement throughout early recovery and in years post-injury...
- Classification schema of posttraumatic amnesia duration-based injury severity relative to 1-year outcome: analysis of individuals with moderate and severe traumatic brain injuryRisa Nakase-Richardson
James A Haley Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Psychology Service, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:17-9. 2009..Moreover, no study has derived a PTA severity schema anchored to late outcome. The purpose of this study was to develop a PTA severity classification schema...
- Emergence from minimally conscious state: insights from evaluation of posttraumatic confusionR Nakase-Richardson
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, MH and BS Polytrauma 116B, 13000 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Neurology 73:1120-6. 2009..Guidelines were developed by consensus because of lack of empirical data...
- Utility of post-traumatic amnesia in predicting 1-year productivity following traumatic brain injury: comparison of the Russell and Mississippi PTA classification intervalsR Nakase-Richardson
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, MHBS Polytrauma 116B, 13000 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:494-9. 2011..Alternative duration-based schemata have been recently proposed as better predictors of outcome to the commonly cited Russell intervals...
- Posttraumatic confusion predicts patient cooperation during traumatic brain injury rehabilitationMarc A Silva
Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences Service, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, Florida, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 91:890-3. 2012..24, P = 0.04). Results provide empirical support that PTC is associated with poorer cooperation and empirical justification for interventions to manage confusion during early recovery from traumatic brain injury...