Affiliation: Myriad Genetics
- A major predisposition locus for severe obesity, at 4p15-p14Steven Stone
Myriad Genetics, Inc, 320 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:1459-68. 2002..However, further studies are necessary to clarify the effect that this gene has in males and in the general population...
- TBC1D1 is a candidate for a severe obesity gene and evidence for a gene/gene interaction in obesity predispositionSteven Stone
Myriad Genetics, Inc, Salt City, UT 84108, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:2709-20. 2006..Finally, although the function of TBC1D1 is unknown, the protein is structurally similar to a known regulator of insulin-mediated Glut4 translocation...
- Predisposition locus for major depression at chromosome 12q22-12q23.2Victor Abkevich
Myriad Genetics, Salt Lake City, UT, 84108, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:1271-81. 2003..This study confirms the presence of one or more genes involved in psychiatric diseases on the q arm of chromosome 12 and provides strong evidence for the existence of a sex-specific predisposition gene to major depression at 12q22-q23.2...
- Association of the FTO gene with BMISteven C Hunt
Cardiovascular Genetics Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:902-4. 2008..0 for A/A; 9.7 for A/T, and 8.5 kg/m(2) for T/T, P = 0.05). We conclude that the BMI increases associated with FTO genotypes begin in youth and are maintained throughout adulthood...
- Identification of a congenic mouse line with obesity and body length phenotypesCraig H Warden
Rowe Program in Human Genetics, Section of Neurobiology Physiology Behavior, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Mamm Genome 15:460-71. 2004..Since a previous study identified human obesity linkage peaking near the centromere, then the B10.UW mice may exhibit obesity due to the homologous gene...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide linkage studies in BMI and obesityCatherine L Saunders
King s College London, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2263-75. 2007..The objective was to provide an overall assessment of genetic linkage data of BMI and BMI-defined obesity using a nonparametric genome scan meta-analysis...
- The molecular identities of the Caenorhabditis elegans intraflagellar transport genes dyf-6, daf-10 and osm-1Leslie R Bell
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Genetics 173:1275-86. 2006..Movement of DYF-6::GFP within the ciliated endings of the neurons indicates that DYF-6 is involved in IFT. In addition, IFT can be observed in dauer larvae...