J M Mullin
- Protein kinase C activation increases transepithelial transport of biologically active insulinJ M Mullin
The Lankenau Medical Research Center, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Cancer Res 58:1641-5. 1998..The dramatically enhanced permeability of macromolecules across epithelial cell layers undergoing protein kinase C activation may play a significant role in epithelial cancer, immunology, and drug delivery...
- Activation of NF-kappaB is necessary for the restoration of the barrier function of an epithelium undergoing TNF-alpha-induced apoptosisA P Soler
The Lankenau Medical Research Center, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 78:56-66. 1999..These data demonstrate that NF-kappaB activation is required for the maintenance of the barrier function of an epithelium undergoing TNF-induced apoptosis...
- The transient increase of tight junction permeability induced by bryostatin 1 correlates with rapid downregulation of protein kinase C-alphaH Clarke
Lankenau Medical Research Institute, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Exp Cell Res 261:239-49. 2000..Due to its transient effect on tight junction permeability, bryostatin 1 offers a novel pharmacological tool to investigate junctional physiology...
- Protein kinase C activation leads to dephosphorylation of occludin and tight junction permeability increase in LLC-PK1 epithelial cell sheetsH Clarke
Lankenau Medical Research Center, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
J Cell Sci 113:3187-96. 2000....
- Regulation of protein kinase C-delta and -epsilon isoforms by phorbol ester treatment of LLC-PK1 renal epitheliaH Clarke
Lankenau Medical Research Center, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, USA
Kidney Int 58:1004-15. 2000..Protein kinase C (PKC) has been observed to play a role in both processes. This study examines the subcellular distribution and down-regulation of PKC-delta and PKC-epsilon isoforms in phorbol ester-treated LLC-PK1 epithelia...
- Effects of apical vs. basolateral palytoxin on LLC-PK1 renal epitheliaJ M Mullin
Lankenau Medical Research Center, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096
Am J Physiol 260:C1201-11. 1991..It also adds to a growing literature suggesting the existence of Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase in the apical cell surface of epithelia under certain conditions...
- Increased tight junctional permeability is associated with the development of colon cancerA P Soler
The Lankenau Medical Research Center, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Carcinogenesis 20:1425-31. 1999..These results showed that increased TJ permeability of the colon epithelium and consequently a decrease in epithelial barrier function precede the development of colon tumors...
- Increased tight junction permeability can result from protein kinase C activation/translocation and act as a tumor promotional event in epithelial cancersJ M Mullin
Lankenau Medical Research Center, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 915:231-6. 2000..Tight junctional leakiness is therefore a promotional event that would be unique to epithelial cancers...
- Omeprazole induces gastric permeability to digoxinM Gabello
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, 100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:1255-63. 2010....
- Plasma concentrations of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor I and tumor necrosis factor during cardiopulmonary bypassC W Marano
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Department of Surgery, Lankenau Hospital, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 70:1313-8. 2000..Despite their postulated roles as modulators of TNF bioavailability, soluble TNF receptors have not been characterized in patients undergoing this procedure and is the focus of this study...
- Phorbol ester treatment increases paracellular permeability across IEC-18 gastrointestinal epithelium in vitroC W Marano
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania 19096, USA
Dig Dis Sci 46:1490-9. 2001....
- Esomeprazole induces upper gastrointestinal tract transmucosal permeability increaseJ M Mullin
The Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, Wynnewood, PA 19096, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:1317-25. 2008..In a previous work, we observed that a transmucosal, upper gastrointestinal (GI) leak exists in Barrett's oesophagus (BO) patients. PPI medications are commonly used by Barrett's patients...