Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- A population-based study of stimulant drug treatment of ADHD and academic progress in childrenHelga Zoega
Center of Public Health Sciences, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Health Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Pediatrics 130:e53-62. 2012..We evaluated the hypothesis that later start of stimulant treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder adversely affects academic progress in mathematics and language arts among 9- to 12-year-old children...
- Age, academic performance, and stimulant prescribing for ADHD: a nationwide cohort studyHelga Zoega
Institute for Translational Epidemiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Pediatrics 130:1012-8. 2012..We evaluated whether younger age in class is associated with poorer academic performance and an increased risk of being prescribed stimulants for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Rofecoxib, but not celecoxib, increases the risk of thromboembolic cardiovascular events in young adults-a nationwide registry-based studyBjorn Gudbjornsson
Centre for Rheumatology Research, Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:619-25. 2010..To examine the risk of thromboembolic cardiovascular events in users of coxibs and NSAIDs in a nationwide cohort...
- Psychotropic drug use among Icelandic children: a nationwide population-based studyHelga Zoega
Centre of Public Health Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:757-64. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate psychotropic drug use among children in Iceland between 2003 and 2007...
- Hydrogen sulfide and particle matter levels associated with increased dispensing of anti-asthma drugs in Iceland's capitalHanne Krage Carlsen
Centre of Public Health Sciences, School of Health Sciences, University of Iceland, Stapi v Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Environ Res 113:33-9. 2012..Respiratory health effects of exposure to PM and traffic pollutants are well documented, yet this is one of the first studies to investigate short-term health effects of ambient H2S exposure...
- Association of air pollution and use of glyceryl trinitrate against angina pectoris: a population-based case-crossover studyRagnhildur Gudrun Finnbjornsdottir
Center of Public Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Environ Health 12:38. 2013..The aim was to study the association of concentrations of NO2, O3, PM10, and H2S in the Reykjavik capital area with the dispensing of anti-angina pectoris medication, glyceryl trinitrate to the inhabitants...