Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- The association of duration of type 2 diabetes with cognitive performance is modulated by long-term glycemic controlRebecca K West
Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY Electronic address
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:1055-9. 2014..Here we investigated whether the association of duration of T2D with cognitive functioning is modulated by HbA1C levels...
- Dietary advanced glycation end products are associated with decline in memory in young elderlyRebecca K West
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, US Electronic address
Mech Ageing Dev 140:10-2. 2014..Since modifying the levels of AGEs in the diet may be relatively easy, these preliminary results suggest a simple strategy to diminish cognitive compromise in the elderly and warrant further investigation. ..
- Better memory functioning associated with higher total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in very elderly subjects without the apolipoprotein e4 alleleRebecca West
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:781-5. 2008..To examine the association of cholesterol with cognitive functioning in oldest old community dwelling individuals with and without the apolipoprotein e4 (APOE4) allele...
- Homocysteine and cognitive function in very elderly nondemented subjectsRebecca K West
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:673-7. 2011..To examine the association of homocysteine with cognitive functioning in very elderly community-dwelling individuals (80 years or older)...
- C-reactive protein and familial risk for dementia: a phenotype for successful cognitive agingJeremy M Silverman
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
Neurology 79:1116-23. 2012....
- Corticosteroids, but not NSAIDs, are associated with less Alzheimer neuropathologyMichal Schnaider Beeri
Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Neurobiol Aging 33:1258-64. 2012..Because corticosteroids have anti-inflammatory as well as a myriad of other neurobiological effects, more direct studies in model systems could reveal novel therapeutic targets and mechanisms for AD lesion reduction...
- Increased longevity in offspring of mothers with Alzheimer's diseaseJeremy M Silverman
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:754-8. 2008....