Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Diagnosis of ADHD in adults: what is the appropriate DSM-5 symptom threshold for hyperactivity-impulsivity?Mary V Solanto
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Atten Disord 16:631-4. 2012..To empirically identify the appropriate symptom threshold for hyperactivity-impulsivity for diagnosis of ADHD in adults...
- Efficacy of meta-cognitive therapy for adult ADHDMary V Solanto
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Gustave Levy Pl, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Am J Psychiatry 167:958-68. 2010..The authors investigated the efficacy of a 12-week manualized meta-cognitive therapy group intervention designed to enhance time management, organization, and planning in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Stimulant drug response in the predominantly inattentive and combined subtypes of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderMary Solanto
Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:663-71. 2009..It is the first such study to enroll a sample comprised exclusively of children, all but one of whom had no prior exposure to ADHD medications...
- Neurocognitive functioning in AD/HD, predominantly inattentive and combined subtypesMary V Solanto
Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1230, Gustave Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:729-44. 2007..Neuropsychological methods have yet to identify critical neuropsychological [corrected] substrates of these differences...
- Event-related FMRI of inhibitory control in the predominantly inattentive and combined subtypes of ADHDMary V Solanto
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Neuroimaging 19:205-12. 2009....
- Development of a new psychosocial treatment for adult ADHDMary V Solanto
Department of Psychiatry, ADHD Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
J Atten Disord 11:728-36. 2008....
- Social functioning in predominantly inattentive and combined subtypes of children with ADHDMary V Solanto
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Atten Disord 13:27-35. 2009....
- Dopamine dysfunction in AD/HD: integrating clinical and basic neuroscience researchMary V Solanto
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Box 1230, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Behav Brain Res 130:65-71. 2002..This paper will be limited to a review of the evidence for involvement of dopamine in mediating behavioral and cognitive symptoms and response to stimulants in ADHD, with implications for possible mechanisms...
- Bipolar disorder and comorbid attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. A distinct clinical phenotype? Clinical characteristics and temperamental traitsSilvia Bernardi
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York 10029, USA
World J Biol Psychiatry 11:656-66. 2010..We further hypothesize that maladaptive temperament will be associated with the severity of both illnesses...
- Reliability of DSM-IV Symptom Ratings of ADHD: implications for DSM-VMary V Solanto
ADHD Center, Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, USA
J Atten Disord 13:107-16. 2009..The objective of this study was to examine the intrarater reliability of DSM-IV ADHD symptoms...
- The utility of self-report measures and the continuous performance test in the diagnosis of ADHD in adultsMary V Solanto
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
CNS Spectr 9:649-59. 2004....
- Research forum on psychological treatment of adults with ADHDMargaret Weiss
University of British Columbia and Children s and Women s Health Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Atten Disord 11:642-51. 2008..Practice guidelines to date all recommend multimodal intervention, given that a significant number of patients cannot tolerate, do not respond to, or fail to reach optimal outcomes with medication alone...
- Depressed dopamine activity in caudate and preliminary evidence of limbic involvement in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderNora D Volkow
National Institute on Drug Abuse, 6001 Executive Blvd, Room 5274, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:932-40. 2007..There is considerable evidence that brain dopamine is involved in ADHD, but it is unclear whether dopamine activity is enhanced or depressed...
- Brain dopamine transporter levels in treatment and drug naïve adults with ADHDNora D Volkow
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuroimage 34:1182-90. 2007..g., prefrontal or cingulostriatal pathways, noradrenergic neurotransmission) is necessary to account for the large differences in inattention observed between controls and ADHD subjects...