Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Making sense of ENHANCE: ezetimibe (Zetia) lowers LDL cholesterol but doesn't decrease carotid intima-media thicknessDonald Smith
Lipids and Metabolism, Zena and Michael A. Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 75:143-7. 2008
- Abdominal diameter index: a more powerful anthropometric measure for prevalent coronary heart disease risk in adult malesD A Smith
Community and Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 7:370-80. 2005..The authors wished to compare the strength of association of several anthropometric measures of body size and fat distribution among themselves and in comparison with other known risk factors for prevalent coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Treatment of the dyslipidemia of insulin resistanceDonald A Smith
Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Marie Josee and Henry R Kravis Center for Cardiovascular Health, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1014, 1 Gustave Levy Place, New York City, NY 10029 657, USA
Med Clin North Am 91:1185-210, x. 2007..This article explores the description, pathophysiology, and treatment of these atherogenic lipid abnormalities...
- Statin therapy for native and peri-interventional coronary heart diseaseD A Smith
The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute and The Marie Josee and Henry R Kravis Center for Cardiovascular Health, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Curr Mol Med 6:589-602. 2006....
- Lipid lowering by simvastatin induces regression of human atherosclerotic lesions: two years' follow-up by high-resolution noninvasive magnetic resonance imagingRoberto Corti
Cardiovascular Biology Research Laboratory, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Circulation 106:2884-7. 2002..Our observations indicate that lipid-lowering therapy is associated with sustained vascular remodeling and emphasize the need for longer-term treatment...
- Trends in statin use and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels among US adults: impact of the 2001 National Cholesterol Education Program guidelinesDevin Mann
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1208-15. 2008..Few data are available on the use of statins after publication of the National Cholesterol Education Program Third Adult Treatment Panel (ATP-III) guidelines in 2001...
- Preemployment drug screening in a large metropolitan medical center: a one-month trialD A Smith
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029
J Gen Intern Med 6:558-60. 1991..The findings suggest that applicants for jobs in large medical centers in metropolitan areas are no different from those in other sectors of the economy with respect to illicit drug use...
- Gender differences in blood thrombogenicity in hyperlipidemic patients and response to pravastatinG Dangas
Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 84:639-43. 1999..Blood thrombogenicity was reduced with pravastatin in both genders; in addition, thrombin generation was gradually reduced in women to a level similar to that of men by 6 months of follow-up...
- Standard lipid profileSatish R Tiyyagura
Department of Cardiology, Zena and Michael A. Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Marie-Josee and Henry R. Kravis Center for Cardiovascular Health, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029-6574, USA
Clin Lab Med 26:707-32. 2006....
- Dose-comparison study of the combination of ezetimibe and simvastatin (Vytorin) versus atorvastatin in patients with hypercholesterolemia: the Vytorin Versus Atorvastatin (VYVA) StudyIra D Galin
Am Heart J 151:e1. 2006
- Effects of aggressive versus conventional lipid-lowering therapy by simvastatin on human atherosclerotic lesions: a prospective, randomized, double-blind trial with high-resolution magnetic resonance imagingRoberto Corti
Cardiovascular Biology Research Laboratory, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:106-12. 2005..No difference in vessel wall changes was seen between high and conventional doses of simvastatin. Changes in vessel wall parameters are more related to LDL-C reduction rather than to the dose of statin...
- New trends in lipid management: eight cases to considerDonald A Smith
Department of Medicine and Community and Preventive Medicine, Box 1014, Mount Sinai Medical Center, 1 East 100th Street, New York, NY 10029-6574, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 72:90-9. 2005....
- American College of Endocrinology position statement on the insulin resistance syndromeDaniel Einhorn
American College of Endocrinology
Endocr Pract 9:237-52. 2003