Luis H Ripoll
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- The neurobiology of empathy in borderline personality disorderLuis H Ripoll
Department of Psychiatry One Gustave L Levy Place, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1230, New York, NY 10029, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:344. 2013..Future avenues for BPD research will include developmental assessment of attachment and neurobiological functioning under varying conditions...
- Evidence-based pharmacotherapy for personality disordersLuis H Ripoll
Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, James J Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 14:1257-88. 2011..Increasing efforts to translate personality theory and social cognitive neuroscience into increasingly specific neurobiological substrates may provide more effective targets for pharmacotherapy...
- Clinical psychopharmacology of borderline personality disorder: an update on the available evidence in light of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - 5Luis H Ripoll
James J Peters VA Medical Center, Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, Bronx, New York 10468, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 25:52-8. 2012..In addition to providing a framework for clinical decision-making, future research strategies will also focus on neurotransmitter systems of greater relevance to understanding overall personality functioning...
- Empathy and alexithymia in borderline personality disorder: clinical and laboratory measuresAntonia S New
James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New York, USA
J Pers Disord 26:660-75. 2012..BPD patients are highly responsive to the feelings of others, but they are impaired in identifying/describing feelings and in taking the perspective of others...
- Developmental differences in diffusion tensor imaging parameters in borderline personality disorderAntonia S New
The Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, NY 10029, USA
J Psychiatr Res 47:1101-9. 2013..However, diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) studies in adult BPD have been inconclusive, and, as yet, there are no published DTI studies in borderline adolescents...
- Striatal activity in borderline personality disorder with comorbid intermittent explosive disorder: sex differencesM Mercedes Perez-Rodriguez
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10468, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:797-804. 2012..These sex differences suggest differential involvement of frontal-striatal circuits in BPD-IED, and are discussed in relation to striatal involvement in affective learning and social decision-making...