Vivek Y Reddy
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Reddy V, Akehurst R, Amorosi S, Gavaghan M, Hertz D, Holmes D. Cost-Effectiveness of Left Atrial Appendage Closure With the WATCHMAN Device Compared With Warfarin or Non-Vitamin K Antagonist Oral Anticoagulants for Secondary Prevention in Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation. Stroke. 2018;49:1464-1470 pubmed publisher
- Dukkipati S, Kar S, Holmes D, Doshi S, Swarup V, Gibson D, et al. Device-Related Thrombus After Left Atrial Appendage Closure: Incidence, Predictors, and Outcomes. Circulation. 2018;: pubmed publisher..62%) occurred in patients without DRT. Conclusions -After LAAC with Watchman, DRT (~3.7%) is not frequent, but when present, is associated with a higher rate of stroke and systemic embolism. ..
- Miller M, Neuzil P, Dukkipati S, Reddy V. Leadless Cardiac Pacemakers: Back to the Future. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:1179-89 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current evidence and potential benefits of leadless pacing systems, which are either commercially available (in Europe) or under clinical investigation. ..
- Reddy V, Gibson D, Kar S, O NEILL W, Doshi S, Horton R, et al. Post-Approval U.S. Experience With Left Atrial Appendage Closure for Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:253-261 pubmed publisher..078%). Despite a large fraction of previously inexperienced operators, in the real-world post-FDA approval experience of LAAC, procedural success was high and complication rates were low. ..
- Reddy V, Miller M, Knops R, Neuzil P, Defaye P, Jung W, et al. Retrieval of the Leadless Cardiac Pacemaker: A Multicenter Experience. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2016;9: pubmed..URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifiers: NCT02051972, NCT02030418, and NCT01700244. ..
- Singh S, d Avila A, Kim Y, Aryana A, Mangrum J, Michaud G, et al. The modified stepwise ablation guided by low-dose ibutilide in chronic atrial fibrillation trial (The MAGIC-AF Study). Eur Heart J. 2016;37:1614-21 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov number: NCT01014741. ..
- Reddy V, Akehurst R, Armstrong S, Amorosi S, Brereton N, Hertz D, et al. Cost effectiveness of left atrial appendage closure with the Watchman device for atrial fibrillation patients with absolute contraindications to warfarin. Europace. 2016;18:979-86 pubmed publisher..This analysis demonstrates that LAAC with the Watchman device is a cost-effective and cost-saving solution for stroke risk reduction in patients with non-valvular AF who are at risk for stroke but have contraindications to warfarin. ..
- Reddy V, Akehurst R, Armstrong S, Amorosi S, Beard S, Holmes D. Time to Cost-Effectiveness Following Stroke Reduction Strategies in AF: Warfarin Versus NOACs Versus LAA Closure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66:2728-2739 pubmed publisher..The results of this analysis should be considered when formulating policy and practice guidelines for stroke prevention in AF. ..
- Tjong F, Reddy V. Permanent Leadless Cardiac Pacemaker Therapy: A Comprehensive Review. Circulation. 2017;135:1458-1470 pubmed publisher..Although current leadless pacemakers are limited to right ventricular pacing, future advanced, communicating, multicomponent systems are expected to expand the potential benefits of leadless therapy to a larger patient population. ..
- Reddy V, Holmes D, Doshi S, Neuzil P, Kar S. Safety of percutaneous left atrial appendage closure: results from the Watchman Left Atrial Appendage System for Embolic Protection in Patients with AF (PROTECT AF) clinical trial and the Continued Access Registry. Circulation. 2011;123:417-24 pubmed publisher..Clinical Trial Registration- URL: http://clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00129545. ..
- Reddy V, Shah D, Kautzner J, Schmidt B, Saoudi N, Herrera C, et al. The relationship between contact force and clinical outcome during radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in the TOCCATA study. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:1789-95 pubmed publisher..Arrhythmia control is best achieved when ablation lesions are placed with an average CF of >20 g, and clinical failure is universally noted with an average CF of <10 g. ..
- Dukkipati S, Koruth J, Choudry S, Miller M, Whang W, Reddy V. Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia in Structural Heart Disease: Indications, Strategies, and Outcomes-Part II. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2924-2941 pubmed publisher..The goal of this paper is to review the pathophysiology, mechanism, and management of VT in the setting of structural heart disease and discuss the evolving role of catheter ablation in decreasing ventricular arrhythmia recurrence. ..
- Dukkipati S, Choudry S, Koruth J, Miller M, Whang W, Reddy V. Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia in Structurally Normal Hearts: Indications, Strategies, and Outcomes-Part I. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2909-2923 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors discuss the pathophysiology, mechanism, and management of VT that occurs in the setting of a structurally normal heart and the role of catheter ablation. ..
- Iwasawa J, Koruth J, Petru J, Dujka L, Kralovec S, Mzourkova K, et al. Temperature-Controlled Radiofrequency Ablation for Pulmonary Vein Isolation in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:542-553 pubmed publisher..ACT DiamondTemp Temperature-Controlled and Contact Sensing RF Ablation Clinical Trial for Atrial Fibrillation [TRAC-AF]; NCT02821351). ..
- Reddy V, Miller M, Neuzil P, Søgaard P, Butter C, Seifert M, et al. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy With Wireless Left Ventricular Endocardial Pacing: The SELECT-LV Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2119-2129 pubmed publisher..Safety and Performance of Electrodes Implanted in the Left Ventricle [SELECT-LV]; NCT01905670). ..
- Reddy V, Mobius Winkler S, Miller M, Neuzil P, Schuler G, Wiebe J, et al. Left atrial appendage closure with the Watchman device in patients with a contraindication for oral anticoagulation: the ASAP study (ASA Plavix Feasibility Study With Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure Technology). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61:2551-6 pubmed publisher..ASA Plavix Feasibility Study With Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure Technology [ASAP]; NCT00851578). ..