Maria L Padilla
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Donor-acquired sarcoidosisMaria L Padilla
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 19:18-24. 2002..Issues underlying host tolerance as a possible explanation for the reported absence of mortality or loss of allograft function during the limited periods of observation are also discussed...
- Spectrum of fibrosing diffuse parenchymal lung diseaseAdam S Morgenthau
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 76:2-23. 2009..Although much has been learned about the diffuse parenchymal lung diseases during the past decade, research in these diseases is urgently needed...
- Distinctive clinical, radiographic, and functional characteristics of patients with sarcoidosis-related pulmonary hypertensionRoxana Sulica
Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Division, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1232, New York, NY 10029, USA
Chest 128:1483-9. 2005..To differentiate the clinical, radiographic, and physiologic profile in patients with sarcoidosis with and without pulmonary hypertension...
- Results of 188 whole-body fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography scans in 137 patients with sarcoidosisAlvin S Teirstein
Divisions of Pulmonary Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Chest 132:1949-53. 2007..To study the role of whole-body 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) scans in the identification of occult biopsy sites and reversible granulomatous disease in patients with sarcoidosis...
- Cardiac sarcoidosisUma S Ayyala
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Clin Chest Med 29:493-508, ix. 2008..Risk stratification for sudden cardiac death is essential in otherwise asymptomatic patients who have suspected cardiac sarcoidosis...
- Sarcoidosis presenting in patients older than 50 yearsRoberta Lenner
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mount Sinai NYU Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 19:143-7. 2002....
- Diagnosis and treatment of hepatic sarcoidosisUma S Ayyala
Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1232, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 9:475-83. 2006..Overall, treatment for hepatic sarcoidosis is targeted toward alleviation of symptoms but has no curative potential at this time. Focus should be on discovering the etiology of the disease to target therapy at prevention, not cure...
- Idiopathic pleuroparenchymal fibroelastosis: an unrecognized or misdiagnosed entity?Christian D Becker
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mod Pathol 21:784-7. 2008..Only with better understanding of this disease can we hope in the future to be able to offer treatments other than supportive care and ultimately lung transplantation, which are the only therapeutic options available today...
- Cardiac sarcoidosisAlvin S Teirstein
Chest 129:1113. 2006