Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Social support and resilience to stress across the life span: a neurobiologic frameworkFatih Ozbay
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1217, New York, NY 10029, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 10:304-10. 2008..Future studies should continue to explore the neurobiologic factors associated with social support's contribution to stress resilience...
- The enduring mental health impact of the September 11th terrorist attacks: challenges and lessons learnedFatih Ozbay
The WTC Mental Health Program, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 36:417-29. 2013....
- BDNF variants, premorbid educational attainment, and disease characteristics in Alzheimer's disease: an exploratory studyKristina F Zdanys
Alzheimer s Disease Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 17:887-98. 2009..The effect of the Val66Met polymorphism on premorbid educational attainment is intriguing and should be verified in a larger sample...
- Alcohol use in Polish 9/11 responders: implications for cross-cultural treatmentCraig L Katz
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 18:55-63. 2012..Implications for the practice of addiction psychiatry, cultural psychiatry, and disaster psychiatry are discussed...
- Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene variants and Alzheimer's disease, affective disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia, and substance dependenceHuiping Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:387-93. 2006..The negative results for AFDs, PTSD, and schizophrenia could be due to the low statistical power. Further study with larger samples is warranted...