Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Epithelial displacement in breast lesions: a papillary phenomenonChandandeep Nagi
The Lillian and Henry M Stratton Hans Popper Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1465-9. 2005..Displacement of epithelial cells (DE) in the breast may occur after various types of needling procedures...
- Adequate histologic sampling of breast magnetic resonance imaging-guided core needle biopsyVirgilius Cornea
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:1961-4. 2009....
- Intraductal carcinoma arising in intraductal papilloma in an axillary lymph node: review of the literature and proposed theories of evolutionShabnam Jaffer
Department of Pathology, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, NewYork, NY 10029, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1940-2. 2008..This case identifies yet another etiology for false-positive sentinel lymph nodes morphologically and by immunohistochemistry...
- Atypical ductal hyperplasia at margin of breast biopsy--is re-excision indicated?Shalini Arora
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:843-7. 2008..Controversy exists regarding the need to re-excise ADH involving a margin. The purpose of this study was to determine the rate of residual pathology in patients that underwent re-excision for ADH involving the margin...
- Excision is indicated for intraductal papilloma of the breast diagnosed on core needle biopsyShabnam Jaffer
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer 115:2837-43. 2009....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C induces lymphangitic carcinomatosis, an extremely aggressive form of lung metastasesSuvendu Das
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer Res 70:1814-24. 2010..These data show that VEGF-C promotes late steps of the metastatic process and identify the VEGF-C/VEGF receptor-3 pathway as the target not only for prevention of metastases, but also for treatment of established metastatic disease...
- N-cadherin expression in breast cancer: correlation with an aggressive histologic variant--invasive micropapillary carcinomaChandandeep Nagi
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 94:225-35. 2005..005), whereas such changes were not significant in the non-MPAP group (p = 0.10). Thus, N-cadherin is associated with tumor aggressiveness and metastatic potential and may contribute to tumor progression...
- PERK integrates autophagy and oxidative stress responses to promote survival during extracellular matrix detachmentAlvaro Avivar-Valderas
Department of Medicine, Tisch Cancer Institute, Black Family Stem Cell Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3616-29. 2011..We propose that the normal proautophagic and antioxidant PERK functions may be hijacked to promote the survival of ECM-detached tumor cells in DCIS lesions...
- Incidental metastatic microcarcinoma of the thyroid identified after total parathyroidectomyHaggi Mazeh
Department of Surgery, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Thyroid 17:685-7. 2007..We describe a case of incidental 1 mm micropapillary thyroid cancer identified within a thymic lymph node following total parathyroidectomy for secondary hyperparathyroidism...
- Immunohistochemical detection of p53 homolog p63 in solid cell nests, papillary thyroid carcinoma, and hashimoto's thyroiditis: A stem cell hypothesis of papillary carcinoma oncogenesisDavid E Burstein
Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Hum Pathol 35:465-73. 2004....
- Thinking "out of the nest"--a reply to "a stem-cell role for thyroid solid cell nests [letter]"David E Burstein
Hum Pathol 36:591-2. 2005
- Cell-graph mining for breast tissue modeling and classificationCagatay Bilgin
Department of Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5311-4. 2007..Among the compared techniques, hierarchical-graph approach gives 81.8% accuracy whereas we obtain 61.0%, 54.1% and 75.9% accuracy with intensity-based features, Delaunay triangulation and our previous technique, respectively...