Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Cognitive-behavioral treatment for alcohol dependence: a review of evidence for its hypothesized mechanisms of actionJ Morgenstern
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
Addiction 95:1475-90. 2000..This review examined support for the hypothesis that cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT) for alcohol dependence works through increasing cognitive and behavioral coping skills...
- Manual-guided cognitive-behavioral therapy training: a promising method for disseminating empirically supported substance abuse treatments to the practice communityJ Morgenstern
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Box 1230, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York 10029, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 15:83-8. 2001..Findings demonstrate the feasibility of using psychotherapy technology tools as a means of disseminating science-based treatments to the substance abuse practice community...
- Testing the effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral treatment for substance abuse in a community setting: within treatment and posttreatment findingsJ Morgenstern
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine New York, New York 10029, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 69:1007-17. 2001..Findings do not support the hypothesis that disseminating CBT to community settings will improve outcomes and suggest that standard substance abuse counseling may be more effective than previously thought...
- Barriers to employability among substance dependent and nonsubstance-affected women on federal welfare: implications for program designJon Morgenstern
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, 633 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10017, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:239-46. 2003..The characteristics of these women were compared to other women on welfare who did not have a substance use disorder...
- Examining mechanisms of action in 12-Step community outpatient treatmentJon Morgenstern
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 72:237-47. 2003..Implications for future treatment process and dissemination research are discussed...