Tehillah S Menes
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Atypical ductal hyperplasia at margin of breast biopsy--is re-excision indicated?Shalini Arora
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:843-7. 2008..Controversy exists regarding the need to re-excise ADH involving a margin. The purpose of this study was to determine the rate of residual pathology in patients that underwent re-excision for ADH involving the margin...
- Breast cancer and ethnicity: strong association between reproductive risk factors and estrogen receptor status in Asian patients - a retrospective studyTehillah S Menes
Department of Surgery, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Elmhurst, New York 11373, USA
Breast J 13:352-8. 2007..In our patient population, differences in breast cancer characteristics could not be ascribed to a different reproductive risk pattern...
- Rates of atypical ductal hyperplasia have declined with less use of postmenopausal hormone treatment: findings from the Breast Cancer Surveillance ConsortiumTehillah S Menes
1Department of Surgery, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Elmhurst, New York 11373, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2822-8. 2009....
- Altered lymphatic drainage after breast-conserving surgery and axillary node dissection: local recurrence with contralateral intramammary nodal metastasesRachel Wellner
Department of Surgery, Elmhurst Hospital Center and Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:486-8. 2007..Demonstrating that such patterns do occur after previous treatment for breast cancer carries implications for the staging and management of these patients...
- Synchronous benign-appearing calcifications in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ may not be benignParissa Tabrizian
Department of Surgery, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Breast Cancer 18:314-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine the results of biopsies of synchronous benign-appearing microcalcifications, in patients with a concurrent abnormal pathology result requiring surgery...
- Incidental findings on computed tomography scans for acute appendicitis: prevalence, costs, and outcomeJunko Ozao-Choy
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am Surg 77:1502-9. 2011..These findings are usually of low clinical significance but may require further workup and follow-up. Physicians need to be aware of the high rate of incidental findings, the need for further workup, and the associated costs...
- Breast cancer patients with pN0(i+) and pN1(mi) sentinel nodes have high rate of nonsentinel node metastasesTehillah S Menes
Department of Surgery, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY, USA
J Am Coll Surg 200:323-7. 2005..2 mm but < 2 mm are designated pN1(mi). We examined the association between size of sentinel node metastases and rate of nonsentinel node metastases, specifically in the subgroup of patients with micrometastases...
- The consequence of multiple re-excisions to obtain clear lumpectomy margins in breast cancer patientsTehillah S Menes
The Comprehensive Breast Center, 425 West 59th Street, Suite 7A, New York 10019, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:881-5. 2005..Re-excisions are often necessary to achieve clear surgical margins. Factors that contribute to nonnegative margins and necessitate re-excision may increase the risk of local recurrence...
- Pregnancy after bariatric surgery is not associated with adverse perinatal outcomeEyal Sheiner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Health Sciences, and of Surgery, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev Beer Sheva, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1335-40. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate the pregnancy outcome of patients after bariatric surgery...
- Touch preparation or frozen section for intraoperative detection of sentinel lymph node metastases from breast cancerTehillah S Menes
Departments of Surgery, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York 10019, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:1166-70. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare the sensitivity and accuracy of intraoperative evaluation of the sentinel lymph node by touch preparation cytology and frozen section...