Sue M Marcus
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Rater bias in a blinded randomized placebo-controlled psychiatry trialSue M Marcus
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Stat Med 25:2762-70. 2006..Despite the uncertainty involved in assessing bias that may be unobserved and unconscious, we will show how to derive a bound for the impact of rater bias...
- A comparison of medication side effect reports by panic disorder patients with and without concomitant cognitive behavior therapySue M Marcus
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Biostatistics, Box 1230, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574
Am J Psychiatry 164:273-5. 2007..The authors assessed whether adding cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) to imipramine for patients with panic disorder decreased the severity of side effects and dropouts from side effects...
- Editing of serotonin 2C receptor mRNA in the prefrontal cortex characterizes high-novelty locomotor response behavioral traitStella Dracheva
James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:2237-51. 2009..No differences in the 5-HT(2C)R expression were detected between the behavioral phenotypes. However, editing was higher in the PFC of HRs vs LRs, implicating this region in the pathophysiology of drug abuse liability...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy vs risperidone for augmenting serotonin reuptake inhibitors in obsessive-compulsive disorder: a randomized clinical trialHelen Blair Simpson
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York2New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York
JAMA Psychiatry 70:1190-9. 2013..In such cases, practice guidelines recommend adding antipsychotics or cognitive-behavioral therapy consisting of exposure and ritual prevention (EX/RP)...
- RNA editing and alternative splicing of human serotonin 2C receptor in schizophreniaStella Dracheva
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New York 10468, USA
J Neurochem 87:1402-12. 2003..Quantitation of 5-HT2CR and 5-HT2CR-tr mRNA variants revealed that the expression of 5-HT2CR-tr was approximately 50% of that observed for the full-length isoform...
- Prevalence and patient awareness of medical comorbidities in an urban AIDS clinicJeffrey J Weiss
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:39-48. 2010....
- Independent evaluator knowledge of treatment in a multicenter comparative treatment study of panic disorderDavid Roll
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program, Long Island University CW Post Campus, Brookville, NY 11548, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:612-8. 2004..Implications of these findings on interpretation of the treatment study are discussed, and recommendations are made for improving blindness procedures...
- Simulation of the Syst-Eur randomized control trial using a primary care electronic medical record was feasibleRichard L Tannen
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 59:254-64. 2006..To determine the validity of outcome research using a primary care practice database by comparing a randomized controlled trial (RCT) with a simulated one...
- Relationship between antidepressants and suicide attempts: an analysis of the Veterans Health Administration data setsRobert D Gibbons
Center for Health Statistics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1044-9. 2007..This study examined the relationship between antidepressant treatment and suicide attempts in adult patients in the Veterans Administration health care system...