Katharine L Loeb
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Open trial of family-based treatment for full and partial anorexia nervosa in adolescence: evidence of successful disseminationKatharine L Loeb
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:792-800. 2007..This aim of this open trial was to investigate the feasibility and effectiveness of delivering FBT at a site beyond the treatment's origin and manualization...
- Therapeutic alliance and treatment adherence in two interventions for bulimia nervosa: a study of process and outcomeKatharine L Loeb
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 73:1097-107. 2005..Early alliance predicted posttreatment purging frequency. In temporal analyses, prior symptom change assessed early in treatment was significantly related to subsequent adherence at midtreatment...
- Eating disorders in youth: diagnostic variability and predictive validityKatharine L Loeb
Fairleigh Dickinson University, School of Psychology, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666, USA
Int J Eat Disord 44:692-702. 2011..The primary aim was to examine the utility of DSM-IV criteria in predicting treatment outcome in a sample of adolescents with eating disorders...
- Assessment of patients with anorexia nervosa: interview versus self-reportSara L Wolk
Eating Disorders Research Unit, NY State Psychiatric Institute--Unit 98, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Eat Disord 37:92-9. 2005..However, there was a low level of agreement with respect to less-defined features, like binge eating, for which significantly higher frequencies were generated by the self-report questionnaire...
- Mood change during weight restoration in patients with anorexia nervosaKatharine G Meehan
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Int J Eat Disord 39:587-9. 2006..Data at partial weight restoration suggest that these results cannot be explained by improved mood related to anticipation of discharge...
- Anxiety in anorexia nervosa and its management using family-based treatmentTom Hildebrandt
Eating and Weight Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:e1-16. 2012..We also highlight how parents facilitate this process in between sessions by effectively coaching their children and facilitating naturalistic exposure to food and related triggers. Options for future research are considered...
- Manualized family-based treatment for anorexia nervosa: a case seriesDaniel le Grange
Department of Psychiatry, Section of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:41-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to describe a case series of children and adolescents (mean age = 14.5 years, SD = 2.3; range 9-18) with anorexia nervosa who received manualized family-based treatment for their eating disorder...
- Early identification and treatment of eating disorders: prodrome to syndromeDaniel le Grange
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Early Interv Psychiatry 1:27-39. 2007..Future research should address whether the best interventions for SAN and SBN should be derived from the prevention or intervention fields...
- Development and validation of the appearance and performance enhancing drug use scheduleTom Hildebrandt
Eating and Weight Disorders Program, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1230, New York, NY 10029, USA
Addict Behav 36:949-58. 2011..The APEDUS is a reliable and valid measure of APED phenomena and an accurate measure of the core pathology associated with APED use. Issues with assessing APED use are considered and future research is considered...
- Bulimia nervosa in adolescents: a disorder in evolution?Daniel le Grange
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:478-82. 2004..Nor are any reports available of how distinct partial-syndrome BN cases are from those that meet full diagnostic criteria for BN...
- Early Identification & Treatment of Anorexia NervosaKATHARINE LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of the proposed program is to prepare the candidate to submit a successful R01 application to test these hypotheses in a larger and sufficiently longitudinal randomized controlled trial. ..