R M Leipzig
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Attitudes toward working on interdisciplinary healthcare teams: a comparison by disciplineRosanne M Leipzig
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1141-8. 2002..The question of who is ultimately responsible for the decisions of the team may be an "Achilles heel," interfering with shared decision-making...
- Keeping granny safe on July 1: a consensus on minimum geriatrics competencies for graduating medical studentsRosanne M Leipzig
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Acad Med 84:604-10. 2009..Achievement of these minimum competencies by medical students, grounded in evidence-based principles of quality care for older adults, will assure that, each year, older patients are in safer hands on July 1...
- Teaching evidence-based medicine: a regional dissemination modelRosanne M Leipzig
Brookdale Geriatrics and Adult Development Department, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Teach Learn Med 15:204-9. 2003..Lack of faculty skilled in practicing and teaching EBM limits the ability to train residents in this area...
- Update in geriatric medicineRosanne M Leipzig
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adults Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029-6574, USA
Ann Intern Med 139:1003-8. 2003
- House staff member awareness of older inpatients' risks for hazards of hospitalizationHelen M Fernandez
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10009, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:390-6. 2008..The aims of this study were to assess house staff member awareness of older patients' risk factors for developing hazards of hospitalization and to determine areas in which interventions may help improve recognition...
- There is hope for the future: national survey results reveal that geriatric medicine fellows are well-educated in end-of-life careCynthia X Pan
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:705-10. 2005..To assess the status of geriatric medicine (GM) fellows' training experiences in end-of-life care via self-report...
- Mount Sinai School of MedicineRainier P Soriano
Acad Med 79:S121-5. 2004
- An unfolding case with a linked Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE): a curriculum in inpatient geriatric medicineReena Karani
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1191-8. 2004....
- That was the year that was: an evidence-based clinical geriatrics update 2002-03Helen M Fernandez
Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:828-37. 2004
- Improving geriatrics training in internal medicine residency programs: best practices and sustainable solutionsDavid C Thomas
Mount Sinai School of Medicine and New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Ann Intern Med 139:628-34. 2003....
- Geriatric hospital medicineEileen H Callahan
Brookdale Department of Geriatric and Adult Development, Samuel Bronfman Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1070, New York, NY 10029, USA
Med Clin North Am 86:707-29. 2002..Special expertise will be needed to provide the highest level of hospital care for this population, especially considering the potential negative effects of hospitalization on older adults...
- Assessing medical students' training in end-of-life communication: a survey of interns at one urban teaching hospitalWayne A Ury
New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
Acad Med 78:530-7. 2003....
- Efficient and accurate measurement of physical restraint use in acute careJoyce F Fogel
Department of Medicine, Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers, New York, NY 10011, USA
Care Manag J 10:100-9. 2009....
- Application of assessing care of vulnerable elders-3 quality indicators to patients with advanced dementia and poor prognosisNeil S Wenger
RAND Health, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S457-63. 2007..To use a formal decision-making strategy to reach clinically appropriate, internally consistent decisions on the application of quality indicators (QIs) to vulnerable elders (VEs) with advanced dementia (AD) or poor prognosis (PP)...
- GeriaSims: Falls ModuleJorge G Ruiz
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, Florida 33125, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:130-1. 2008
- Disciplinary convergence: the nexus of gerontology and geriatrics educationMarie A Bernard
Reynolds Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, OK, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 28:1-3. 2008
- The impact of E-learning in medical educationJorge G Ruiz
Division of Gerontology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Acad Med 81:207-12. 2006....