Dale J Lange
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- A ketogenic diet as a potential novel therapeutic intervention in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisZhong Zhao
Neuroinflammation Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, USA
BMC Neurosci 7:29. 2006..The cause of neuronal death in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is uncertain but mitochondrial dysfunction may play an important role. Ketones promote mitochondrial energy production and membrane stabilization...
- Single-fiber electromyography shows terminal axon dysfunction in Miller Fisher syndrome: a case reportDale J Lange
Department of Neurology, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1052, New York, New York 10029, USA
Muscle Nerve 34:232-4. 2006..Clinical symptoms gradually resolved. SFEMG may help characterize neuropathies associated with antibodies to neuronal ganglioside and identify involvement of the terminal axon and neuromuscular junction...
- High-frequency chest wall oscillation in ALS: an exploratory randomized, controlled trialD J Lange
Department of Neurology, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1052, New York, NY 10029, USA
Neurology 67:991-7. 2006..To evaluate changes in respiratory function in patients with ALS after using high-frequency chest wall oscillation (HFCWO)...
- Multifocal motor neuropathy with conduction block: slow but not benignDale J Lange
Department of Neurology, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Neurol 63:1778-81. 2006..To describe a patient with multifocal motor neuropathy with conduction block who had annual clinical and physiological examinations for 18 years but declined treatment for personal reasons...
- Do A-waves help predict intravenous immunoglobulin response in multifocal motor neuropathy without block?Dale J Lange
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuromuscular Disease, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Muscle Nerve 43:537-42. 2011..Are there electrophysiological findings that predict response to intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) in patients with lower motor neuron (LMN) syndromes without multifocal conduction block (MCB)?..
- Pyrimethamine decreases levels of SOD1 in leukocytes and cerebrospinal fluid of ALS patients: a phase I pilot studyDale J Lange
Department of Neurology, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener 14:199-204. 2013..Thus, PYR use may be associated with a reduction in SOD1 in ALS patients. The significance is uncertain and further detailed study is required...
- Diagnostic biopsy of the pronator teres and a motor branch of the median nerve: indications and techniqueChristopher J Dy
Division of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Department of Neurology, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
J Hand Surg Am 37:2570-5. 2012..We describe a surgical technique and clinical series of biopsy of the pronator teres muscle and a motor branch of the median nerve...
- REM behavior disorder associated with familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosisMatthew R Ebben
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10065, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 13:473-4. 2012..We hope this case study will promote future studies on the prevalence of this association and will stimulate research in identifying the underlying pathogenic mechanism...
- Differential gene expression in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAlexander Shtilbans
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 12:250-6. 2011..In conclusion, there is differential tissue-specific gene expression in patients with ALS relative to MMN and controls. Further studies are necessary to evaluate the identified genes in larger patient groups and different tissues...
- ALSFRS and appel ALS scores: discordance with disease progressionAndrei Voustianiouk
Department of Neurology and the MDA ALS Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1052, New York, New York 10029, USA
Muscle Nerve 37:668-72. 2008..001). Questionnaire-based measurements should be compared against objective scales at all stages of disease severity before they are accepted as primary endpoint measures...
- Vgf is a novel biomarker associated with muscle weakness in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), with a potential role in disease pathogenesisZhong Zhao
James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Int J Med Sci 5:92-9. 2008....
- Measures of dyspnea in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisNoah Lechtzin
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument Street, 5th Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Muscle Nerve 35:98-102. 2007..The BDI and TDI thus appear to be useful measures in ALS and may have both clinical and research applications...
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: an emerging era of collaborative gene discoveryKatrina Gwinn
National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e1254. 2007..This resource should facilitate genetic discoveries which we anticipate will ultimately provide a better understanding of the biological mechanisms of neurodegeneration in ALS...