Lawrence R Krakoff
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- 2014 hypertension recommendations from the eighth joint national committee panel members raise concerns for elderly black and female populationsLawrence R Krakoff
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York Electronic address
J Am Coll Cardiol 64:394-402. 2014....
- Ambulatory blood pressure improves prediction of cardiovascular risk: implications for better antihypertensive managementLawrence R Krakoff
Mount Sinai Medical Center Medical School, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1030, New York, NY 10029, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 15:317. 2013..Results of such studies are crucial for advancing antihypertensive management. This review will summarize the important and emerging role of ABPM in defining risk for cardiovascular disease...
- Home blood pressure for the management of hypertension: will it become the new standard of practice?Lawrence R Krakoff
Center for Cardiovascular Health, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Box 1030, NY 10029 6574, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 9:745-51. 2011..More research is still needed to establish its full value. It is predicted that HBPM has definite potential for more effective strategies to control hypertension and reduce the need for on-site clinical care...
- Morbidity and mortality of orthostatic hypotension: implications for management of cardiovascular diseaseLuke J Benvenuto
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Am J Hypertens 24:135-44. 2011..This review provides an overview of the current information on this topic and recommends the more frequent assessment of OH in clinical practice and in future clinical trials...
- Glucocorticoids and cardiovascular risk factorsErika A Strohmayer
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes and Bone Disease, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 40:409-17, ix. 2011..Interactions between glucocorticoids and other potential cardiovascular risk factors are also reviewed. Safe, alternate strategies for minimizing the need for glucocorticoids are urgently needed...
- Hypertensive emergencies: diagnosis and managementRobert A Phillips
Departmnet of Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10021, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 45:33-48. 2002..Strategy is supported by evidence-based considerations whenever possible. Where outcome studies are not available, we rely on the rationale derived from relevant clinical research...
- Call to action on use and reimbursement for home blood pressure monitoring: Executive Summary. A joint scientific statement from the American Heart Association, American Society of Hypertension, and Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses AssociationThomas G Pickering
Center for Behavioral Cardiovascular Health, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, PH 9 946, 622 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:467-76. 2008....