Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Quality of life of couples dealing with cancer: dyadic and individual adjustment among breast and prostate cancer survivors and their spousal caregiversYoungmee Kim
Behavioral Research Center, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Ann Behav Med 35:230-8. 2008..Thus, this study aimed to examine the dyadic effects of psychological distress on the quality of life of couples dealing with cancer...
- The effects of information and negative affect on severity of side effects from radiation therapy for prostate cancerYoungmee Kim
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave Levy Place, Box 1130, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Support Care Cancer 10:416-21. 2002..The results suggest that patients could benefit from increased knowledge about what to expect during their radiation treatments...
- Development and validation of a Breast Cancer Genetic Counseling Knowledge QuestionnaireJoel Erblich
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1130, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Patient Educ Couns 56:182-91. 2005....
- Psychological distress among healthy women with family histories of breast cancer: effects of recent life eventsYoungmee Kim
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, USA
Psychooncology 14:555-63. 2005..Psychological interventions designed to facilitate coping with negative life events and to increase the occurrence of positive events may be warranted...
- Fatigue and depression in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy: an emotion approachYoungmee Kim
University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 32:311-21. 2006..Theoretical and practical implications of the current findings are discussed and suggestions for interventions to alleviate fatigue and depressive symptoms in cancer patients are proposed...
- Family histories of breast cancer, coping styles, and psychological adjustmentYoungmee Kim
Behavioral Research Center, American Cancer Society National Home Office, 1599 Clifton Rd, NE, Atlanta, GA 30329 4251, USA
J Behav Med 26:225-43. 2003..These results suggest that passive coping has negative implications for FHBC+ women and imply that individualized coping training programs targeting this coping strategy may prove useful for these women...
- The American Cancer Society's Studies of Cancer SurvivorsKevin Stein
American Cancer Society's Behavioral Research Center, USA
Cancer Nurs 29:83-5. 2006
- The effect of spirituality and gender on the quality of life of spousal caregivers of cancer survivorsLeighanna Allen Colgrove
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Ann Behav Med 33:90-8. 2007..Research has indicated spirituality buffers the adverse effect of stress, but few studies have examined the role of spirituality in the context of providing cancer care...
- Psychological distress of female cancer caregivers: effects of type of cancer and caregivers' spiritualityYoungmee Kim
Behavioral Research Center, American Cancer Society, Atlanta 30303, USA
Support Care Cancer 15:1367-74. 2007..Cancer caregivers, who were nominated by cancer survivors, participated in a nationwide quality-of-life survey with 252 caregivers providing complete data for the variables...