Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Type 2 diabetic mice demonstrate slender long bones with increased fragility secondary to increased osteoclastogenesisYuki Kawashima
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Bone 44:648-55. 2009..Further, these results emphasize the importance of evaluating diabetic bone based on morphology in addition to bone mass...
- Growth hormone protects against ovariectomy-induced bone loss in states of low circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1)J Christopher Fritton
Leni and Peter W May Department of Orthopaedics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:235-46. 2010..Interactions between estrogen and the GH/IGF-1 system as related to bone remodeling provide a pathway to minimize degeneration of bone tissue structure and osteoporotic fracture...
- Serum complexes of insulin-like growth factor-1 modulate skeletal integrity and carbohydrate metabolismShoshana Yakar
Endocrinology Diabetes and Bone Disease, The Mt Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1055, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
FASEB J 23:709-19. 2009..3) IGFBP-3 deficiency resulted in increased linear growth. In summary, each IGF-1 complex constituent appears to play a distinct role in determining skeletal phenotype, with different effects on cortical and trabecular bone compartments...
- Serum IGF-1 determines skeletal strength by regulating subperiosteal expansion and trait interactionsShoshana Yakar
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Disease, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Bone Miner Res 24:1481-92. 2009....
- The insulin-like growth factor-1 binding protein acid-labile subunit alters mesenchymal stromal cell fateJ Christopher Fritton
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Disease, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4709-14. 2010....