Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Boswellic acid acetate induces differentiation and apoptosis in leukemia cell linesY Jing
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Leuk Res 23:43-50. 1999..Morphologic and DNA fragmentation analysis proved that BC-4 induced cell apoptosis. The dual apoptotic and differentiation effects of BC-4 suggest that it may be a powerful agent in the treatment of leukemia...
- Combined effect of all-trans retinoic acid and arsenic trioxide in acute promyelocytic leukemia cells in vitro and in vivoY Jing
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6547, USA
Blood 97:264-9. 2001..Although in vitro data do not always translate to in vivo response, toxicity and potential drug antagonism may be diminished by decreasing the concentration of As(2)O(3) when given at the same time with therapeutic levels of tRA...
- Arsenic trioxide selectively induces acute promyelocytic leukemia cell apoptosis via a hydrogen peroxide-dependent pathwayY Jing
Rochelle Belfer Chemotherapy Foundation Laboratory, Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Blood 94:2102-11. 1999....
- The design of selective and non-selective combination therapy for acute promyelocytic leukemiaY Jing
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1178, New York, NY 10029 6547, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 313:245-69. 2007..The combined effects of selective APL therapy (ATRA and As2O3) and/or non-selective chemotherapy in APL cells in vitro and their mechanisms in relation to clinical protocol design are discussed...
- Upregulation of Bfl-1/A1 in leukemia cells undergoing differentiation by all-trans retinoic acid treatment attenuates chemotherapeutic agent-induced apoptosisL Xia
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Leukemia 20:1009-16. 2006..These data demonstrate that ATRA induction of Bfl-1/A1 in differentiated NB4 and HL-60 cells contributes to a loss of sensitivity to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis...
- Synergistic transcriptional activation of the mouse urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) gene and of its enhancer activator protein 1 (AP1) site by cAMP and retinoic acidR Mira-y-Lopez
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Box 1178, 1 Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY10029, USA
Biochem J 331:909-16. 1998..6 kb uPA-CAT fusion gene was also obtained using tRA and 100 nM PMA. We conclude that multiple cis elements, probably including the uPA enhancer AP1 site, mediate the tRA potentiation of uPA transcription...
- Retinol conversion to retinoic acid is impaired in breast cancer cell lines relative to normal cellsR Mira-y-Lopez
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Cell Physiol 185:302-9. 2000..We hypothesize that retinol bioactivity is impaired in breast cancer cells that cannot synthesize RA. In preliminary support of this hypothesis, we found that retinol (0.5-2 microM) inhibited MCF-10F but not T47D or MCF-7 cell growth...