William W Hung
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Evaluation of the Mobile Acute Care of the Elderly (MACE) serviceWilliam W Hung
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave L Levy Pl, PO Box 1070, New York, NY 10029, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:990-6. 2013..The Mobile Acute Care of the Elderly (MACE) service is a novel model of care delivered by an interdisciplinary team, designed to deliver specialized care to hospitalized older adults to improve patient outcomes...
- Association of chronic diseases and impairments with disability in older adults: a decade of change?William W Hung
Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Med Care 50:501-7. 2012..Little is known about how the relationship between chronic disease, impairment, and disability has changed over time among older adults...
- Hip fracture management: tailoring care for the older patientWilliam W Hung
Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
JAMA 307:2185-94. 2012..Understanding and anticipating issues that may arise in the older patient with hip fracture, while delivering evidence-based care components, is necessary to maximize patient recovery...
- Cognitive decline among patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseWilliam W Hung
Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1070, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:134-7. 2009..Prior research has suggested an association between chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the development of cognitive decline; however, these studies have been cross-sectional or small case series...
- A prospective study of symptoms, function, and medication use during acute illness in nursing home residents: design, rationale and cohort descriptionWilliam W Hung
Center for the Study of Health Care Across Systems and Sites of Care, Department of Veteran Affairs HSR and D Service, James J Peters VA Medical Center, 130 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
BMC Geriatr 10:47. 2010..We also aim to examine the patterns of medication interruption, and identify patient, provider and environmental factors that influence continuity of medication prescribing at different points of care transition...
- Recent trends in chronic disease, impairment and disability among older adults in the United StatesWilliam W Hung
Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
BMC Geriatr 11:47. 2011..To examine concurrent prevalence trends of chronic disease, impairment and disability among older adults...