Melissa M Garrido
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Unmet Need for Mental Health Care Among Veterans Receiving Palliative Care: Assessment is Not EnoughMelissa M Garrido
James J Peters Veterans Administration Medical Center, Bronx, NY Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY Electronic address
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:540-4. 2014....
- Pathways from religion to advance care planning: beliefs about control over length of life and end-of-life valuesMelissa M Garrido
Address correspondence to Melissa M Garrido, James J Peters VA Medical Center, 130W Kingsbridge Road, GRECC, Bronx, NY 10468 E mail
Gerontologist 53:801-16. 2013..To evaluate the extent to which religious affiliation and self-identified religious importance affect advance care planning (ACP) via beliefs about control over life length and end-of-life values...
- Choosing models for health care cost analyses: issues of nonlinearity and endogeneityMelissa M Garrido
GRECC REAP, James J Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Health Serv Res 47:2377-97. 2012..To compare methods of analyzing endogenous treatment effect models for nonlinear outcomes and illustrate the impact of model specification on estimates of treatment effects such as health care costs...
- Hospital religious affiliation and outcomes for high-risk infantsMelissa M Garrido
James J Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Med Care Res Rev 69:316-38. 2012..Although there are anecdotes of facility religious affiliation being related to health care decisions, the authors did not find evidence of these relationships in their data...
- Use of mental health care by community-dwelling older adultsMelissa M Garrido
Research Enhancement Award Program and Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:50-6. 2011..To examine relationships between perceived need for care, illness characteristics, attitudes toward care, and probability that older adults will use mental health care (MHC)...
- The end-of-life experience: modifiable predictors of caregivers' bereavement adjustmentMelissa M Garrido
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, New York Brookdale Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York
Cancer 120:918-25. 2014....