Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Levingston Macleod J, Marmor H, GarcÃa Sastre A, Frias Staheli N. Mapping of the interaction domains of the Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus nucleocapsid protein. J Gen Virol. 2015;96:524-37 pubmed publisher..These results may guide the development of potent inhibitors of these complexes that could potentially block CCHFV replication. ..
- Sironi F, Malnati M, Mongelli N, Cozzi P, Guzzo C, Ghezzi S, et al. Characterization of HIV-1 entry inhibitors with broad activity against R5 and X4 viral strains. J Transl Med. 2015;13:107 pubmed publisher..Given their unique features, these molecules represent promising candidates for further development and exploitation as anti-HIV therapeutics. ..
- Pisanelli G, Laurent Rolle M, Manicassamy B, Belicha Villanueva A, Morrison J, Lozano Dubernard B, et al. La Piedad MichoacÃ¡n Mexico Virus V protein antagonizes type I interferon response by binding STAT2 protein and preventing STATs nuclear translocation. Virus Res. 2016;213:11-22 pubmed publisher..While LPMV-V protein does not affect the protein levels of STAT1 or STAT2, it does prevent the IFN-induced phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of STAT1 and STAT2 thereby inhibiting cellular responses to IFN Î±/Î². ..
- MartÃnez Romero C, GarcÃa Sastre A. Against the clock towards new Ebola virus therapies. Virus Res. 2015;209:4-10 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the current candidate therapies against EBOV, their stage of development and future prospects in battling EBOV outbreaks. ..
- Dornfeld D, Dudek A, Vausselin T, Günther S, Hultquist J, Giese S, et al. SMARCA2-regulated host cell factors are required for MxA restriction of influenza A viruses. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2092 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that several virus-inducible factors work in concert to enable MxA restriction of IAV. ..
- Tripathi S, Pohl M, Zhou Y, Rodriguez Frandsen A, Wang G, Stein D, et al. Meta- and Orthogonal Integration of Influenza "OMICs" Data Defines a Role for UBR4 in Virus Budding. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;18:723-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the integrative analysis of influenza OMICs datasets illuminates a viral-host network of high-confidence human proteins that are essential for influenza A virus replication. ..
- Sánchez Aparicio M, Ayllon J, Leo Macias A, Wolff T, Garcia Sastre A. Subcellular Localizations of RIG-I, TRIM25, and MAVS Complexes. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..In addition, this work presents a new means by how, when, and where viral proteins can target these pathways and act against the host immune system in order to counteract the activation of the immune response. ..
- Aydillo T, Ayllon J, Pavlisin A, Martínez Romero C, Tripathi S, Mena I, et al. Specific Mutations in the PB2 Protein of Influenza A Virus Compensate for the Lack of Efficient Interferon Antagonism of the NS1 Protein of Bat Influenza A-Like Viruses. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..Our results unravel a functional divergence between the NS1 proteins of bat influenza A-like and conventional influenza A viruses and demonstrate an interplay between the viral PB2 and NS1 proteins to antagonize IFN. ..
- Grant A, Ponia S, Tripathi S, Balasubramaniam V, Miorin L, Sourisseau M, et al. Zika Virus Targets Human STAT2 to Inhibit Type I Interferon Signaling. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;19:882-90 pubmed publisher..However, unlike DENV, ZIKV did not require the E3 ubiquitin ligase UBR4 to induce STAT2 degradation. Hence, flavivirus NS5 proteins exhibit a remarkable functional convergence in IFN antagonism, albeit by virus-specific mechanisms. ..
- Tripathi S, Garcia Sastre A. Antiviral innate immunity through the lens of systems biology. Virus Res. 2016;218:10-7 pubmed publisher..In this review we have catalogued and discussed the application of Systems Biology approaches in dissecting the antiviral innate immune responses. ..
- Miorin L, Maestre A, Fernandez Sesma A, Garcia Sastre A. Antagonism of type I interferon by flaviviruses. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:587-596 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the specific mechanisms by which flaviviruses activate and evade innate immune responses is critical for the development of better therapeutics and vaccines. ..
- Rajsbaum R, Versteeg G, Schmid S, Maestre A, Belicha Villanueva A, Martínez Romero C, et al. Unanchored K48-linked polyubiquitin synthesized by the E3-ubiquitin ligase TRIM6 stimulates the interferon-IKK? kinase-mediated antiviral response. Immunity. 2014;40:880-95 pubmed publisher..Our work attributes a previously unrecognized activating role of K48-linked unanchored polyubiquitin chains in kinase activation and identifies the UbE2K-TRIM6-ubiquitin axis as critical for IFN signaling and antiviral response. ..
- ..Rational countermeasures for preventing the spread of influenza can be developed only by gaining a thorough knowledge of the molecular mechanisms at work in host specificity and transmission. ..