Matthew D Galsky
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Cathomas R, De Santis M, Galsky M. First-line treatment of metastatic disease: cisplatin-ineligible patients. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2015;29:329-40, x pubmed publisher..The clinical development of novel agents is of considerable interest. ..
- Sivendran S, Newport K, Horst M, Albert A, Galsky M. Reporting quality of abstracts in phase III clinical trials of systemic therapy in metastatic solid malignancies. Trials. 2015;16:341 pubmed publisher..Full-text articles are frequently available through open access. ..
- Sfakianos J, Galsky M. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the management of muscle-invasive bladder cancer: bridging the gap between evidence and practice. Urol Clin North Am. 2015;42:181-7, viii pubmed publisher..Tackling each barrier will ultimately be necessary to bridge the disconnect between what is achievable and what is actually achieved. ..
- Galsky M, Hahn N, Rosenberg J, Sonpavde G, Hutson T, Oh W, et al. Treatment of patients with metastatic urothelial cancer "unfit" for Cisplatin-based chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:2432-8 pubmed publisher..A uniform definition of unfit patients will lead to more uniform clinical trials, enhanced ability to interpret the results of these trials, and a greater likelihood of developing a viable strategy for regulatory approval. ..
- Galsky M, Hall S. Bladder cancer: current management and opportunities for a personalized approach. Mt Sinai J Med. 2010;77:587-96 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss bladder cancer as a paradigm for the development of personalized cancer medicine, focusing on recent efforts, current challenges, and future opportunities. ..
- Roper N, Stensland K, Hendricks R, Galsky M. The landscape of precision cancer medicine clinical trials in the United States. Cancer Treat Rev. 2015;41:385-90 pubmed publisher..However, such trials still represent a small minority of studies performed within the cancer clinical trials enterprise and include a small subset of putatively "actionable" alterations. ..
- Galsky M, Hahn N, Wong B, Lee K, Argiriadi P, Albany C, et al. Phase 2 trial of the topoisomerase II inhibitor, amrubicin, as second-line therapy in patients with metastatic urothelial carcinoma. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2015;76:1259-65 pubmed publisher..While there remains a role for the introduction of novel cytotoxic agents in the management of metastatic urothelial cancer, optimal development of such therapies will likely require patient selection biomarkers. ..
- Galsky M, Stensland K, Sfakianos J, Mehrazin R, Diefenbach M, Mohamed N, et al. Comparative Effectiveness of Treatment Strategies for Bladder Cancer With Clinical Evidence of Regional Lymph Node Involvement. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34:2627-35 pubmed publisher..A subset of patients with cN+ bladder cancer achieves long-term survival. Combined-modality therapy, with chemotherapy and cystectomy, is associated with the best outcomes. ..
- Tsao C, Sfakianos J, Liaw B, Gimpel Tetra K, Kemeny M, Bulone L, et al. Phase II Trial of Abiraterone Acetate Plus Prednisone in Black Men With Metastatic Prostate Cancer. Oncologist. 2016;21:1414-e9 pubmed..Further efforts are needed to address underrepresentation of black men in mCRPC trials. ..
- Collazo Lorduy A, Castillo Martin M, Wang L, Patel V, Iyer G, Jordan E, et al. Urachal Carcinoma Shares Genomic Alterations with Colorectal Carcinoma and May Respond to Epidermal Growth Factor Inhibition. Eur Urol. 2016;70:771-775 pubmed publisher..Urachal cancers are morphologically and genomically similar to colon adenocarcinomas and may respond to drugs targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor. ..
- Sweis R, Galsky M. Emerging role of immunotherapy in urothelial carcinoma-Immunobiology/biomarkers. Urol Oncol. 2016;34:556-565 pubmed publisher..Even within the past few years, our current knowledge of immune biology has exploded, and we are highly optimistic about the future of UBC therapy that will be available to patients. ..
- Galsky M, Wang H, Hahn N, Twardowski P, Pal S, Albany C, et al. Phase 2 Trial of Gemcitabine, Cisplatin, plus Ipilimumab in Patients with Metastatic Urothelial Cancer and Impact of DNA Damage Response Gene Mutations on Outcomes. Eur Urol. 2018;73:751-759 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to refine optimal combinations and evaluate tests that might identify patients most likely to benefit. ..