Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Clinical evaluation of once-weekly dosing of epoetin alfa in chemotherapy patients: improvements in hemoglobin and quality of life are similar to three-times-weekly dosingJ L Gabrilove
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2875-82. 2001..To prospectively evaluate the effectiveness, safety, and clinical benefits of once-weekly epoetin alfa therapy as an adjunct to chemotherapy in anemic cancer patients...
- Angiogenic growth factors: autocrine and paracrine regulation of survival in hematologic malignanciesJ L Gabrilove
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Oncologist 6:4-7. 2001..Currently, a number of clinical trials are under way to evaluate the clinical potential of several different angiogenesis inhibitors in several hematologic neoplasms...
- Phase 2, single-arm trial to evaluate the effectiveness of darbepoetin alfa for correcting anaemia in patients with myelodysplastic syndromesJanice Gabrilove
Department of Medicine, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Br J Haematol 142:379-93. 2008..Thromboembolic or related adverse events occurred in 2% of patients; no pulmonary embolisms were reported. In conclusion, darbepoetin alfa, 500 microg Q3W appeared well tolerated and increased haemoglobin levels in low-risk MDS patients...
- An analysis of current neutropenia therapies, including pegfilgrastimJanice L Gabrilove
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Clin Cornerstone 8:S19-28. 2006..Furthermore, the more convenient schedule of pegfilgrastim may be associated with greater treatment adherence and increased patient quality of life...
- Anemia and the elderly: clinical considerationsJanice Gabrilove
Department of Medicine Division of Hematology, Medical Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, NY 10029, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 18:417-22. 2005....
- Treatment of relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia by 72-hour continuous infusion or 1-hour bolus infusion of flavopiridol: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B study 19805John C Byrd
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4176-81. 2005..We sought to determine if flavopiridol has activity in previously treated CLL using two schedules of administration...
- Ethacrynic acid and a derivative enhance apoptosis in arsenic trioxide-treated myeloid leukemia and lymphoma cells: the role of glutathione S-transferase p1-1Rui Wang
The Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, The Tisch Cancer Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:6690-701. 2012..We tested whether a combination with ethacrynic acid (EA), a glutathione S-transferase P1-1 (GSTP1-1) inhibitor, and a reactive oxygen species (ROS) inducer will extend the therapeutic effect of ATO beyond APL...
- Assessing symptom burden using the M. D. Anderson symptom inventory in patients with chemotherapy-induced anemia: results of a multicenter, open-label study (SURPASS) of patients treated with darbepoetin-alpha at a dose of 200 microg every 2 weeksJanice L Gabrilove
Division of Hematology Oncology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 110:1629-40. 2007....
- Five-year follow-up of patients receiving imatinib for chronic myeloid leukemiaBrian J Druker
Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, L592, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2408-17. 2006..Imatinib inhibits this kinase, and in a short-term study was superior to interferon alfa plus cytarabine for newly diagnosed CML in the chronic phase. For 5 years, we followed patients with CML who received imatinib as initial therapy...
- Statistical explanations for a community-based study of once-weekly epoetin alfa therapy in patients receiving chemotherapyJanice L Gabrilove
J Clin Oncol 20:2757-8. 2002
- Benefits of epoetin alfa in anemic breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapyGeorge D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 3:45-51. 2002..3 times weekly). Epoetin alfa is, therefore, effective and safe in the management of anemia in patients with breast cancer treated with chemotherapy...
- STRATEGIC CURRICULUM FOR CLINICAL RESEARCHJanice Gabrilove; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- STRATEGIC CURRICULUM FOR CLINICAL RESEARCHJanice Gabrilove; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will continue to enable this Institution to foster and cultivate the educational horizons and growth of clinical scientists. ..
- BP1 and Nuclear Hormone Signaling in Breast CancerJanice Gabrilove; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..