Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Chen J, Kyte C, Valcin M, Chan W, Wetmur J, Selhub J, et al. Polymorphisms in the one-carbon metabolic pathway, plasma folate levels and colorectal cancer in a prospective study. Int J Cancer. 2004;110:617-20 pubmed..Findings from our prospective investigation indicate that these newly identified polymorphisms in one-carbon metabolizing genes have limited functionality in modifying folate status and related CRC risk. ..
- Hu J, Raikhel V, Gopalakrishnan K, Fernandez Hernandez H, Lambertini L, Manservisi F, et al. Effect of postnatal low-dose exposure to environmental chemicals on the gut microbiome in a rodent model. Microbiome. 2016;4:26 pubmed publisher....
- Gopalakrishnan K, Teitelbaum S, Lambertini L, Wetmur J, Manservisi F, Falcioni L, et al. Changes in mammary histology and transcriptome profiles by low-dose exposure to environmental phenols at critical windows of development. Environ Res. 2017;152:233-243 pubmed publisher....
- Chen J, Hunter D, Stampfer M, Kyte C, Chan W, Wetmur J, et al. Polymorphism in the thymidylate synthase promoter enhancer region modifies the risk and survival of colorectal cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2003;12:958-62 pubmed....
- Chen J, Kyte C, Chan W, Wetmur J, Fuchs C, Giovannucci E. Polymorphism in the thymidylate synthase promoter enhancer region and risk of colorectal adenomas. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:2247-50 pubmed..007). These findings lend additional support that one-carbon metabolism is an important process in pathogenesis of colorectal cancer. ..
- Chen J, Gammon M, Chan W, Palomeque C, Wetmur J, Kabat G, et al. One-carbon metabolism, MTHFR polymorphisms, and risk of breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2005;65:1606-14 pubmed..96) or total folate intake (OR, 1.71; 95% CI, 1.08-2.71). From a public heath perspective, it is important to identify risk factors, such as low B vitamin consumption, that may guide an effective prevention strategy against the disease. ..
- Deyssenroth M, Peng S, Hao K, Lambertini L, Marsit C, Chen J. Whole-transcriptome analysis delineates the human placenta gene network and its associations with fetal growth. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:520 pubmed publisher....
- Aushev V, Lee E, Zhu J, Gopalakrishnan K, Li Q, Teitelbaum S, et al. Novel Predictors of Breast Cancer Survival Derived from miRNA Activity Analysis. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;24:581-591 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions: We identified novel markers that may improve prognostic efficiency while shedding light on molecular mechanisms of breast cancer progression. Clin Cancer Res; 24(3); 581-91. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Degli Esposti D, Aushev V, Lee E, Cros M, Zhu J, Herceg Z, et al. miR-500a-5p regulates oxidative stress response genes in breast cancer and predicts cancer survival. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15966 pubmed publisher..Overall, we identify miR-500a-5p as an oxidative stress response miRNA whose activity may define breast cancer progression and survival. ..