Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Concentration-dependent effects of transforming growth factor β1 on corneal wound healingLingyan Wang
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Dept of Ophthalmology, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Vis 17:2835-46. 2011..Although high concentrations of TGFβ1 leads to scarring, we asked whether low concentrations of TGFβ1 could promote wound healing without generating a large fibrotic response...
- Degradation of internalized αvβ5 integrin is controlled by uPAR bound uPA: effect on β1 integrin activity and α-SMA stress fiber assemblyLingyan Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33915. 2012..Our data support a novel mechanism by which downregulation of uPA/uPAR results in increased integrin αvβ5 cell-surface protein levels that regulate the activity of β1 integrins, promoting characteristics of the persistent Mf...
- Urokinase anchors uPAR to the actin cytoskeletonAudrey M Bernstein
Department of Ophthalmology, Monut Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2967-77. 2004..To investigate the expression and localization of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) and their interaction with the actin cytoskeleton in human corneal fibroblasts...
- Urokinase receptor cleavage: a crucial step in fibroblast-to-myofibroblast differentiationAudrey M Bernstein
Departments of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:2716-27. 2007..These data support a novel hypothesis that maintaining full-length uPAR on the cell surface regulates the fibroblast to myofibroblast transition and that down-regulation of uPAR is necessary for myofibroblast differentiation...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 regulates integrin alphavbeta3 expression and autocrine transforming growth factor beta signalingBenjamin S Pedroja
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20708-17. 2009..6-fold increase in collagen deposition over wild type cells. These data suggest that PAI-1-mediated regulation of alphavbeta3 integrin is critical for the control of TGFbeta signaling and the prevention of fibrotic disease...
- FAK-dependent regulation of myofibroblast differentiationRoseanne S Greenberg
Department of Ophthalmology, Box 1183, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave Levy Pl, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
FASEB J 20:1006-8. 2006..FAK activation could contribute to regulating myofibroblast differentiation, thereby ameliorating fibrosis...
- TGF-β-stimulated CTGF production enhanced by collagen and associated with biogenesis of a novel 31-kDa CTGF form in human corneal fibroblastsEdward G Tall
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:5002-11. 2010..Connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) is induced by transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-β) after corneal wounding. This study addressed the role of the extracellular matrix in the induction of CTGF by TGF-β...
- ZO-1: lamellipodial localization in a corneal fibroblast wound modelLavinia Taliana
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:96-103. 2005..To explore the roles of ZO-1 in corneal fibroblasts and myofibroblasts in a model of wounding...
- Differential conversion of plasminogen to angiostatin by human corneal cell populationsDebra J Warejcka
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Mol Vis 11:859-68. 2005..The purpose of this paper is to determine the ability of corneal cells to convert plasminogen to angiostatins and to compare these products with those made by intact corneas...
- Corneal Repair: uPA and extracellular matrixAudrey M Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) uPAR cleavage into a non-uPA binding form inhibits cell migration and induces myofibroblast differentiation. The results of these studies will lead to a better understanding of the mechanisms that guide regenerative wound repair. ..