P S Aisen
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- HLA-DR4 influences glial activity in Alzheimer's disease hippocampusP S Aisen
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Neurol Sci 161:66-9. 1998..Apolipoprotein E genotype had no influence on GFAP levels. These results indicate that HLA-DR4 may exert a protective influence on Alzheimer's disease via modulation of glial activity...
- Regional distribution of cyclooxygenase-2 in the hippocampal formation in Alzheimer's diseaseL Ho
Neuroinflammation Research Laboratories of the Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Neurosci Res 57:295-303. 1999..The results indicate elevated expression of neuronal COX-2 in subregions of the hippocampal formation in AD and that such elevation may potentiate Abeta-mediated oxidative stress...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression is increased in frontal cortex of Alzheimer's disease brainG M Pasinetti
Department of Psychiatry, Brookdale Center for Molecular Biology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Neuroscience 87:319-24. 1998..These findings support the investigation of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- Altered expression of a-type but not b-type synapsin isoform in the brain of patients at high risk for Alzheimer's disease assessed by DNA microarray techniqueL Ho
Neuroinflammation Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L. Levy Place, NY 10029, New York, USA
Neurosci Lett 298:191-4. 2001..In contrast, we found no changes in synapsin splice variant II of the b-type isoform. Alteration of synapsin expression at the earliest clinical stage of AD may suggest novel strategies for improved treatment...
- Glucocorticoids in Alzheimer's disease. The story so farP S Aisen
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Drugs Aging 12:1-6. 1998..Towards this goal, a multicentre trial of prednisone in Alzheimer's disease is under way and pilot studies of other anti-inflammatory regimens are being conducted...
- Neuronal cyclooxygenase 2 expression in the hippocampal formation as a function of the clinical progression of Alzheimer diseaseL Ho
Neuroinflammation Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, Box 1229, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Neurol 58:487-92. 2001..COX-2 signal was increased in all 3 regions examined among cases characterized by severe dementia. CONCLUSION: Neuronal COX-2 content in subsets of hippocampal pyramidal neurons may be an indicator of progression of dementia in early AD...