Affiliation: Moses Cone Health System
- Efficacy of sucrose to reduce pain in premature infants during eye examinations for retinopathy of prematurityPeter Gal
Pharmacy Division, Greensboro Area Health Education Center, Greensboro, NC 27401 1020, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:1029-33. 2005..Sweet solutions have been shown to reduce procedural pain in newborns...
- Efficacy of topical anesthetics to reduce pain in premature infants during eye examinations for retinopathy of prematurityVirginia A Marsh
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Nursing Department, Women's Hospital, Greensboro, NC, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:829-33. 2005..001). CONCLUSIONS: Topical anesthetic pretreatment reduces the pain response to eye examination for ROP and should become routine practice. Because this is not effective in all infants, additional measures to reduce pain should be taken...
- Treatment of Citrobacter koseri infection with ciprofloxacin and cefotaxime in a preterm infantChristopher McPherson
Departments of Neonatal Medicine and Pharmacy, Women s Hospital, Greensboro, NC, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1134-8. 2008..To report a case of successful treatment of Citrobacter koseri infection in a preterm infant as a means of challenging the current treatment recommendations on the basis of pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic considerations...
- Effect of routine probiotic, Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938, use on rates of necrotizing enterocolitis in neonates with birthweight < 1000 grams: a sequential analysisChelsea Hunter
Women s Hospital of Greensboro, Cone Health, Greensboro, NC, USA
BMC Pediatr 12:142. 2012..This study examines the impact of routine use of a probiotic, Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938 (BioGaia®), on the rate of NEC in neonates at highest risk for developing NEC, those with birth weight ≤1000 grams...
- Lepirudin use in a neonate with heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaThuy N Nguyen
Neonatal Intensive Care, The Women's Hospital of Greensboro, Moses Cone Health System, Greensboro, NC 27401-1020, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:229-33. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: HIT is an important and potentially fatal problem in neonates. Lepirudin may be the drug of choice, especially since danaparoid is now unavailable. Initial lepirudin dosing should not exceed 0.05 mg/kg/h...
- Successful use of dexmedetomidine for sedation in a 24-week gestational age neonateKeliana O'Mara
Women s Hospital of Greensboro, Greensboro, NC, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:1707-13. 2009..To describe a case of dexmedetomidine use for sedation in a 24-week gestational age premature neonate...
- Effect of age and birth weight on indomethacin pharmacodynamics in neonates treated for patent ductus arteriosusChristopher L Shaffer
Greensboro Area Health Eduction Center and the Department of Neonatal Medicine, Women's Hospital of Greensboro, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Greenboro, NC, USA
Crit Care Med 30:343-8. 2002..Individualized pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic dosing of INDO continues to achieve higher closure rate than current dosing standards. Patients historically known as poor responders significantly benefit from this dosing approach...