C F Hohmann
Affiliation: Morgan State University
- Neonatal 5,7-DHT lesions cause sex-specific changes in mouse cortical morphogenesisC F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, Cold Spring Lane and Hillen Rd, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Neural Plast 7:213-32. 2000..Jointly, our morphological and behavioral findings may have important implications for a variety of developmental disorders in humans and provide some insights into sex differences in the penetrance of these disorders...
- Neonatal serotonin depletion alters behavioral responses to spatial change and noveltyChristine F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Brain Res 1139:163-77. 2007..These results may have significant implications for understanding brain disorders presenting with cortical morphogenetic abnormalities and altered serotonin neurotransmission, such as autism, schizophrenia and affective disorders...
- Modeling early cortical serotonergic deficits in autismCarolyn B Boylan
Division of Neonatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Behav Brain Res 176:94-108. 2007....
- A morphogenetic role for acetylcholine in mouse cerebral neocortexChristine F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, Cold Spring Lane and Hillen Road, 1700 E Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 27:351-63. 2003..Studies of receptors and secondary messengers that are instrumental in morphogenesis and plasticity suggest that sex dependent molecular alterations occur within days if not hours following cortical cholinergic deafferentation...
- Sex-specific development of cortical monoamine levels in mouseShelley Connell
Doctoral Studies Program in Math and Science Education, Morgan State University, 1700 E Cold Spring Ln, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 151:187-91. 2004..Such sex differences may also influence differential behavioral and/or clinical outcomes...
- Neonatal electrolytic lesions of the basal forebrain stunt plasticity in mouse barrel field cortexAkira Nishimura
Neuroscience Laboratory, The Kennedy Krieger Research Institute, 707 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 20:481-9. 2002..Cortex 8 (1998) 63]. These results suggest that cholinergic inputs play a role in regulating plasticity as well as in the morphogenesis of mouse sensory-motor cortex...
- Methamphetamine treatment causes delayed decrease in novelty-induced locomotor activity in miceIrina N Krasnova
Molecular Neuropsychiatry Research Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH DHHS, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neurosci Res 65:160-5. 2009....
- Effects of neonatal cholinergic basal forebrain lesions on excitatory amino acid receptors in neocortexC F Hohmann
Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 16:645-60. 1998..Moreover, our results highlight the fact that cholinergic as well glutamatergic developmental mechanisms are sexually dimorphic...
- Effects of brief stress exposure during early postnatal development in Balb/CByJ mice: II. Altered cortical morphologyC F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, 1700 East Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Dev Psychobiol 54:723-35. 2012....
- Neonatal dopamine depletion induces changes in morphogenesis and gene expression in the developing cortexIrina N Krasnova
Molecular Neuropsychiatry Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neurotox Res 11:107-30. 2007..Our results point towards specific molecular targets that might be involved in disease process mediated by altered developmental DA regulation...
- Prenatal exposure to the acetylcholinesterase inhibitor methanesulfonyl fluoride alters forebrain morphology and gene expressionDonna M Byers
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, 500 W University Avenue, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 158:13-22. 2005..The changes observed in cortical morphology and gene expression suggest a critical developmental role for AChE in the fetal nervous system, most likely through its effect on cholinergic neurotransmission...