C F Hohmann
Affiliation: Morgan State University
- Neonatal 5,7-DHT lesions cause sex-specific changes in mouse cortical morphogenesisC F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, Cold Spring Lane and Hillen Rd, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Neural Plast 7:213-32. 2000..Jointly, our morphological and behavioral findings may have important implications for a variety of developmental disorders in humans and provide some insights into sex differences in the penetrance of these disorders...
- Neonatal serotonin depletion alters behavioral responses to spatial change and noveltyChristine F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Brain Res 1139:163-77. 2007..These results may have significant implications for understanding brain disorders presenting with cortical morphogenetic abnormalities and altered serotonin neurotransmission, such as autism, schizophrenia and affective disorders...
- Modeling early cortical serotonergic deficits in autismCarolyn B Boylan
Division of Neonatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Behav Brain Res 176:94-108. 2007....
- A morphogenetic role for acetylcholine in mouse cerebral neocortexChristine F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, Cold Spring Lane and Hillen Road, 1700 E Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 27:351-63. 2003..Studies of receptors and secondary messengers that are instrumental in morphogenesis and plasticity suggest that sex dependent molecular alterations occur within days if not hours following cortical cholinergic deafferentation...
- Sex-specific development of cortical monoamine levels in mouseShelley Connell
Doctoral Studies Program in Math and Science Education, Morgan State University, 1700 E. Cold Spring Ln, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 151:187-91. 2004..Such sex differences may also influence differential behavioral and/or clinical outcomes...
- Neonatal electrolytic lesions of the basal forebrain stunt plasticity in mouse barrel field cortexAkira Nishimura
Neuroscience Laboratory, The Kennedy Krieger Research Institute, 707 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 20:481-9. 2002..Cortex 8 (1998) 63]. These results suggest that cholinergic inputs play a role in regulating plasticity as well as in the morphogenesis of mouse sensory-motor cortex...
- Methamphetamine treatment causes delayed decrease in novelty-induced locomotor activity in miceIrina N Krasnova
Molecular Neuropsychiatry Research Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIH DHHS, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neurosci Res 65:160-5. 2009....
- Effects of neonatal cholinergic basal forebrain lesions on excitatory amino acid receptors in neocortexC F Hohmann
Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 16:645-60. 1998..Moreover, our results highlight the fact that cholinergic as well glutamatergic developmental mechanisms are sexually dimorphic...
- Effects of brief stress exposure during early postnatal development in Balb/CByJ mice: II. Altered cortical morphologyC F Hohmann
Department of Biology, Morgan State University, 1700 East Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21251, USA
Dev Psychobiol 54:723-35. 2012....
- Neonatal dopamine depletion induces changes in morphogenesis and gene expression in the developing cortexIrina N Krasnova
Molecular Neuropsychiatry Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neurotox Res 11:107-30. 2007..Our results point towards specific molecular targets that might be involved in disease process mediated by altered developmental DA regulation...
- Prenatal exposure to the acetylcholinesterase inhibitor methanesulfonyl fluoride alters forebrain morphology and gene expressionDonna M Byers
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, 500 W University Avenue, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 158:13-22. 2005..The changes observed in cortical morphology and gene expression suggest a critical developmental role for AChE in the fetal nervous system, most likely through its effect on cholinergic neurotransmission...
- MBRS RISE Program at Morgan State UniversityChristine Hohmann; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will implement quantitative, numerical and attitudinal evaluation criteria to assess the effectiveness of all proposed activities. ..