Marilyn G Foreman
Affiliation: Morehouse School of Medicine
- Chronic plasma cell pneumonia in a patient with long-standing HIV infectionMarilyn G Foreman
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Am J Med Sci 324:285-7. 2002..There is good experimental reason for a plasma cell response in persons infected with HIV. To our knowledge, this is the first case of chronic plasma cell interstitial pneumonia caused by indolent MRSA infection...
- Effects of chronic hepatic dysfunction on pulmonary glutathione homeostasisMarilyn G Foreman
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1840-5. 2002..During periods of oxidant stress, individuals may exhibit relative deficiencies of GSH. With cirrhosis, the end result of chronic alcohol ingestion, this deficiency is more profound...
- Cirrhosis as a risk factor for sepsis and death: analysis of the National Hospital Discharge SurveyMarilyn G Foreman
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Chest 124:1016-20. 2003....
- Polymorphisms in surfactant protein-D are associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMarilyn G Foreman
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:316-22. 2011..We demonstrated a correlation between SFTPD SNPs and SP-D protein concentrations. The SNPs associated with COPD and SP-D concentrations differed, suggesting distinct genetic influences on susceptibility to COPD and SP-D concentrations...
- Mupirocin prophylaxis to prevent Staphylococcus aureus infection in patients undergoing dialysis: a meta-analysisEvelina Tacconelli
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:1629-38. 2003..Mupirocin prophylaxis substantially reduces the rate of S. aureus infection in the dialysis population. Optimal regimens that minimize the emergence of mupirocin resistance need to be explored...