Sharon K Davis
Affiliation: Morehouse School of Medicine
- Disparities in trends of hospitalization for potentially preventable chronic conditions among African Americans during the 1990s: implications and benchmarksSharon K Davis
Morehouse School of Medicine, Social Epidemiology Research Division, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Am J Public Health 93:447-55. 2003..We compared trends in prevalence rates of preventable cardiovascular- and diabetes-related hospitalizations between African Americans and members of other major US racial/ethnic groups...
- Stress-related racial discrimination and hypertension likelihood in a population-based sample of African Americans: the Metro Atlanta Heart Disease StudySharon K Davis
Morehouse School of Medicine Social Epidemiology Research Center, 720 Westview Drive, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Ethn Dis 15:585-93. 2005..The overall objective of this research was to estimate aspects of the effects of self-reported exposure to stress-related racial discrimination and hypertension likelihood in a sample of African Americans...
- Perceived stress following race-based discrimination at work is associated with hypertension in African-Americans. The metro Atlanta heart disease study, 1999-2001Rebecca Din-Dzietham
Morehouse School of Medicine, Department of Community Health and Preventive Medicine, Social Epidemiology Research Division and Cardiovascular Research Institute, NCPC 315, 720 Westview Drive SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 1495, USA
Soc Sci Med 58:449-61. 2004..Future studies with a larger sample size are warranted to further explore these findings for mechanistic understanding and occupational policy consideration regarding stress risk reduction...
- Socioeconomic position, stress, and cortisol in relation to waist circumference in African American and white womenPeter T Baltrus
National Center for Primary Care, Department of Community Health and Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ethn Dis 20:376-82. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the evidence for the SEP-chronic stress-cortisol-abdominal fat hypothesis in a sample of African American and White American women...
- Physical activity and incident hypertension among blacks: no relationship?Dustin T Duncan
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A109. 2006