Ronald L Braithwaite
Affiliation: Morehouse School of Medicine
- Community-based participatory evaluation: the healthy start approachRonald L Braithwaite
Morehouse School of Medicine, East Point, GA 30344, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:213-9. 2013..The CBPE model shows promise as a reliable and credible evaluation approach for community-level assessment of health promotion programs...
- Leadership development for health researchers at historically Black colleges and universitiesHenrie M Treadwell
CommunityVoices Healthcare for the Underserved, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310 1495, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S53-7. 2009....
- Age-based correlates of substance misuse among convicted felons in GeorgiaTorrance Stephens
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 33:885-92. 2007..This study sought to identify variables that independently correlate with age and substance use among a sample of 187 convicted felons in Georgia...
- Transient populations: linking HIV, migrant workers, and South African male inmatesAba D Essuon
Department of Community Health and Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, GA, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:40-52. 2009....
- The BRAVE (Building Resiliency and Vocational Excellence) Program: evaluation findings for a career-oriented substance abuse and violence preventive interventionJames P Griffin
Department of Community Health and Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:798-816. 2009..Results revealed a beneficial effect of the intervention on participants' frequency of use of alcohol (p<.04) and marijuana (p<.05), but no effect for violent behavior...
- Short-term impact of an HIV risk reduction intervention for soon-to-be released inmates in GeorgiaRonald L Braithwaite
Department of Community Health and Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 16:130-9. 2005..Findings indicate that the intervention for the inmate population was effective in reducing sexual self-expectation and substance use and increasing condom use self-efficacy over a three-month period...
- Lifetime occurrence of sexually transmitted infection (STI) and substance use risk among prerelease South African prison inmatesTorrance Stephens
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Int Q Community Health Educ 26:355-63. 2006..34; 95% CI 0.62, 8.88), experience of needle sharing (OR 2.13; 95% CI 0.55, 8.27), and drug/alcohol use leading to problems at school or work were the strongest indicators for inmates having a lifetime STI...
- Development and implementation of the cross-site evaluation of the CDC/HRSA corrections demonstration projectKimberly R Jacob Arriola
Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:107-18. 2002..This paper describes the process of developing a cross-site evaluation, the implementation of this evaluation, and lessons learned by the EPSC throughout this process...
- Male prisoners and HIV prevention: a call for action ignoredRonald L Braithwaite
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Public Health 93:759-63. 2003....
- Community voices: health care for the underservedRonald L Braithwaite
J Health Care Poor Underserved 17:v-xi. 2006
- Health disparities and incarcerated women: a population ignoredRonald L Braithwaite
Am J Public Health 95:1679-81. 2005
- Partners and processes in HIV services for inmates and ex-offenders. Facilitating collaboration and service deliveryAlyssa G Robillard
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University
Eval Rev 27:535-62. 2003..Examining the barriers (and identifying ways to resolve them) is important in developing and maintaining successful programs that ultimately benefit HIV-infected inmates and the communities to which they return...
- Post-release case management services and health-seeking behavior among HIV-infected ex-offendersKimberly R Jacob Arriola
Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, N E, Room 510, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:665-74. 2007..Findings offer support for the importance of establishing early post-release contact with a case manager among HIV-infected ex-offenders...
- AOD RELATED HIV INTERVENTIONS WITH ADOLESCENT OFFENDERSRonald Braithwaite; Fiscal Year: 2001..These latter three assessments will include five biological drug screen markers. ..
- HIV INTERVENTIONS WITH ADULT MALE INMATESRonald Braithwaite; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data will be analyzed with inferential statistics (repeated measures ANOVA, MANCOVA, and covariance analysis to control for observed initial difference between intervention groups). ..
- AOD/HIV PREVENTION IN MALE ADOLESCENT DETAINEESRonald Braithwaite; Fiscal Year: 2008..The project five- year direct cost is $2,510,491. ..