Tom V Adamkiewicz
Affiliation: Morehouse School of Medicine
- Genetic polymorphisms linked to susceptibility to malariaAdel Driss
Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Malar J 10:271. 2011....
- Unrelated cord blood transplantation in children with sickle cell disease: review of four-center experienceTom V Adamkiewicz
Department of Family Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, East Point, GA 30344, USA
Pediatr Transplant 11:641-4. 2007..Four patients (57%) developed viral infections. Engraftment, GVHD, and infection remain challenges...
- Effectiveness of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in children with sickle cell disease in the first decade of lifeThomas V Adamkiewicz
Department of Family Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 121:562-9. 2008..The objective of this population-based study was to assess the effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on rates of invasive pneumococcal disease among children with sickle cell disease...
- Serum ferritin level changes in children with sickle cell disease on chronic blood transfusion are nonlinear and are associated with iron load and liver injuryThomas V Adamkiewicz
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30344, USA
Blood 114:4632-8. 2009..However, to determine accurately iron overload in patients with intermediately elevated SF levels, other methods are required. These trials are registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00000592 and #NCT00006182...
- Invasive pneumococcal infections in children with sickle cell disease in the era of penicillin prophylaxis, antibiotic resistance, and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccinationThomas V Adamkiewicz
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, 2040 Ridgewood Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Pediatr 143:438-44. 2003..The pneumococcal-polysaccharide vaccine was 80.4% effective within 3 years after vaccination (95% CI, 39.7, 93.6). Children with sickle cell disease of all ages may benefit from PVC boosted with polysaccharide vaccination...
- Identification of unrelated cord blood units for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children with sickle cell diseaseThomas V Adamkiewicz
Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30344, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:29-32. 2006..Availability of units matched at five or more of six HLA loci was more limited. Defining procedure-related risks and benefits remains a challenge...
- VACCINE EFFICACY IN CHILDREN WITH SICKLE CELL DISEASEThomas Adamkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..